Gun value

• rubber
    river falls wi

I am looking for a gun store or some one I can call to find out the value of a gun I just picked up. It is a Winchester model 120 slide action ranger youth model 20 gauge ducks unlimited still in the box never been shot if any one on here has any idea what it’s worth. The year it was made is 1985

bowhuntmn

Thats a pretty cool piece. I’m a little bit of a gun nut myself, but pretty much bow hunt exclusively now.
    I believe that there were only 5000 of those guns made. Check the serial number, and it should be under 5000- It should say 85DU***** if it is, you most likely have the real deal.
    Value is what someone is willing to pay for it. You could let it go for real cheap, say $200-300, or I’ve seen them sell upwards of $1000. I don’t know what you paid for it, but lets hope it wasn’t $1000. Hope this helps.

johnee

The problem with DU guns is that the only distinguishing feature of most of them is minor DU embellishments. There are some very high grade DU guns, but the Winchester 120 isn’t one of them.

Add on top of that the fact that the 120 was never a terribly desireable pump gun in the first place. And it’s a youth model, so the pool of potential buyers is limited even further.

In new, unfired condition, you could probably get $300 out of it if you’re lucky and find the right buyer on a good day. More realistic is the $200-250 range, IMO, and that would be only for a buyer who finds appeal in the DU aspect. Of course, there’s always the chance that somebody out there has one and is looking for another, or had one as a kid and always regretted trading it off and would have no problem shelling out $500 or whatever to ge another one. But I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

Grouse.

clicker

check gun broker and see what others are going for.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.