Binoculars

• Art

It’s a great area to fish. I’m on the water a least once a week in the Winona area. Don’t ever hear many reports from these pools but I think you will be very surprised if you give them a try. Smallies are really on a terror right now. Been having so much fun with them haven’t really been fishing for anything else. I agree, been getting some big sunnies off the tops of wing dams. Good luck.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Tuck this winter meet me in Winona instead of Wabasha there are some BULLS down there for sure and fun through the ice as well!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Ritter and I will be there in a heartbeat!

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Just curious, what binculars are you guys using? Brand and power?

backstraps1

NIKON trailblazers 10×50.. bought them two years ago and there are sweet….

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

Nikon monarch 12×52 for scouting and burris euro’s 8×50 for hunting.

Next pair will be vortex if their binos are as sweet as their scopes.

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

Nikon Monarch ATB 8×42 Any more power than that and I can’t hold steady enough see clearly. I have great low light vision also. If I need more power, I just use my spotting scope.

wiswalleyenut
    Central WI.

Vortex Diamondbacks 8×42. Sweet binos, and the price is right too.

Nut

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Nikon Monarch ATB 10×42 Great glasses for the money!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I would think for your out west hunts you would want something in the 10×50. I also have a pair of 8×42 that I use in the woods of Mn.

Mine are cheapos, $100.00ish glass. Something I definitely want to upgrade in the next few years.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Thanks guys, just gathering a little intel for work.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Nikon Monarch ATB 8×42 Any more power than that and I can’t hold steady enough see clearly. I have great low light vision also. If I need more power, I just use my spotting scope.

What do you have for a spotting scope? This is something I want to invest in one of these days but there is so much out there I have no idea where to start.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Leupold 10×42 have been around my neck for 20 deer seasons.

neusch303

Swarovski is the only way to go if you are doing any long range work. Actually Swarovski is the only way to go period (or any quality glass) but I am aware pricing can hurt.

However once you do a side by side comparison in low light and adverse conditions to Nikon, Leupold, Leica, etc you will know what I mean.

Swarovski ATM 20-60X65 spotting scope

Swarovski EL 8×32

Leupold WindRiver Range finder binoculars

Leica CRF 800 rangefinder

willy_d
    Nipawin, Saskatchewan, Canada

Spend what you can afford. When getting in to the high end stuff it is pricey but worth every penny.I myself have swarovski 10×42 EL binos and a 20x60x65 Swarovski HD spotting scope. Worth every penny and its not like i am spending or upgrading evey few years although I may need to upgrade to the new ELs. I spend hours behind the binos or scope first thing in morning while mule deer hunting and they have saved me many of long(miles) walks from being able to see what I was looking at as opposed to my old stuff.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

I agree on the Swaro’s. I have a pair I bought in the early 90’s and I think they are still better than the Nikon EDG’s I bought last year.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

It sucks that most are in the few hundred dollar range but you have to go over a grand for the ones you really want. That’s the main reason I havent purshased any in recent years.

kooty
    Keymaster

Heck, does a grand even buy much now days? I agree, it’s the major limiting factor for me. It’s hard to justify a full year’s budget on a pair of glass. If I hunted out west, I’d probably feel differently.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Quote:

Something I definitely want to upgrade in the next few years.

Let me know, I have a pair of Nikon Monarch’s I would be willing to sell cheap…

kooty
    Keymaster

Sounds like we need to get together and officially meet. Maybe Schrumy, G and I should meet you for a little bow practice….

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Anytime, I’ve got the targets ready…

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am up for it BTW, I am running Nikon Monarch 10×42. FWIW, for $1000+ more, I realize I could see the tick on a deers azz from 100 yards at sundown, but I don’t need to

neusch303

Quote:

FWIW, for $1000+ more, I realize I could see the tick on a deers azz from 100 yards at sundown, but I don’t need to

I will disagree with that statement. Being able to count tines through thick brush (or see any detail) in low light conditions is a must for me when hunting.

It is amazing the difference in glass when doing thid test. Take a 3-D target and put it in thick brush about 75 yards away. Then at Dusk or Dawn (low light) do a side by side comparison and see the difference.

big_g
    Isle, MN

If you truely want the best for counting tines to shoot through the brush at lowlight from long distances, I would suggest you carry these Leica’s

neusch303

Quote:

If you truely want the best for counting tines to shoot through the brush at lowlight from long distances, I would suggest you carry these Leica’s

I was talking even close distance.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.