New scope help

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

after more than 25+ years my old Banner light site gave out on me last deer season. So I’m in search of a new scope for the old Pumpkin plunker ( 375 Winchester )Since this gun is only used for short shooting stand locations and on deer drives I don’t want to break the bank on a new scope. The few things I need are the following:

Rather compact
    Some magnification – Prefer a 1.5 -6
    Able to withstand the heavy recoil of the 375 winchester
    Lighted retical or dot – I loved this feature on the old scope.

I’d like to stay under $300.00 if possible. Doing some research I found a few Burris scopes I really liked ( Euro Diamond and Signature select ( However these were priced much to high for the amount of time I use this gun. Anyone have any suggestions of some scopes to take a look at? Thanks in advance for all of your responses.

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

I am a nikon guy, BUT check out the redfield scopes, they are made by leupold nice glass and even better price. My uncle just bought a 3x12x50 for 175 bucks

big_hunter
    eagan, mn

I got a redfield for my new .30-06 this summer, and i’d recommend it in a heartbeat! i have the 3-9×40 – with accu-range reticle. i think it ran me around $160 at cabelas.

its super bright, even in low light. its got the leupold lifetime guarantee. it also has waterproof, shockproof, fogproof lenses. i really like the accu-range reticle. it helps me lock on to the target and doesnt block the sight picture at all.

what i thought i would like but now im a lil skeptical about is the finger click windage and elevation adjustments, they seem squishy to me. i havent had any problems yet, and im not gentle with it either.

for any budget hunter like me, i’d definitely recommend the redfield line. they are back in a big way.

and i think they make a 2-7 or something for closer range.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I will have to take a look at the redfield. The price looks good. This is mostly a back up gun so I don’t want to put that much money into a scope. Thanks for the advice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.