Scent-Lok Case

• big_g
    Isle, MN

It’s heating up again… sounds like the wording “elimination” will probably bite them…

Scent-Lok Court case

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

This is very interesting to me because you watch all the hunting shows that endorse this product and they claim you can hunt “360”, but in the same breath you hear them discuss the fact that the deer “winded” them when they got down wind. This is why I have held off buying Scent Lok suits…not 100% sure they work and the price! I’m sure they do “help” reduce human scent, but so does the body soap and laundry detergents that are out there.

big_g
    Isle, MN

That’s where I think they will get into trouble…. saying it “eliminates” odor, is at best a stretch… rather it absorbs as much as possible, not really a guarantee of anything total….. does it help, sure…does it eliminate…no. Dang lawyers are getting rich though…

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Very interesting to see how this one plays out. Thanks for posting Big G!

whittsend

I also found this interesting, or maybe conflicting is a better word…

I have a Scent-Blocker camo rainsuit. I have always heard that to “reactivate” the liners, you need to dry them with very high heat – even to the point of considering using commercial dryers at a laundromat because home dryers may not get hot enough…

But on the inside “care instructions” on the tag, it says to tumble dry on low heat…

If the high heat theory is true, then what good does that garment do me if I can’t ever “reactivate” it?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

In my opinion, this case scares me. I could care less if the product works or doesn’t work. I believe you always hunt with the wind in your face or suffer the consequences.

What scares me is what appears to be a somewhat frivolous law suit. I can only imagine how many lawyers are getting rich over this and how many jobs are being lost.

little_g
    durand WI

Next will be rubber boots, which is proven to carry more scent than leather.

witte
    West Salem, WI

Yup – not about hunting. Someone’s looking for a buck.

I hope the suit makes the deer think I’m 150 yards away when I’m 30.

Witte

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

FYI – The people that brought this Law Suit on were from a competing clothing Manufacturer, so ulterior motives were definitely there.

Quote:

I’m sure they do “help” reduce human scent, but so does the body soap and laundry detergents that are out there.

I totally agree Mike, it is just another level of defense. I have said this for a long time here on IDO. Carbon Clothing is not for everyone. Does it “Eliminate” all scent??? No it does not, but if used properly it does greatly reduce scent being emitted and increases your odds of going undetected! I have “slacked” over the last few years and it has showed, I’m going back to the basics this Fall!

Just my Opinion, (After years of research and testing) from a scent crazed obsessed whitetail hunter!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

There is no question that it probably does help Rob! I think most people might be having heart burn over the cost of the product. But like you said, the other company no doubt has other motives for the case.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Seems like common sense to me?!?!?!

Whats the old saying? The only things guaranteed are death and taxes…..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.