Ice Armor Gloves

• illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

what a coincidence.

i just picked up a pair at gander in peoria a couple hours ago, along with a bunch of CJS jigs.

had been looking for waterproof gloves, saw them online and they looked perfect for winter open-water wally and ice fishing.

glad to hear the positive report.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

IMO they are good new out of the box , but they do not last or hold up IMO. I used to and still do use these on very cold late season bow hunts in the snow as I was sick of wet gloves from the snow. I just buy one at the end of the ice season on Sale to wear the following bow season. Wear them a few times and then wear them for misc stuff and after 3 months they are shot. But for $20 not a bad investment to have dry warm hands for late season bow hunts.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

I’m with Rob on this one too.

They’re a great glove for the money, but fall short in terms of the durability thing. That durability is of course, greatly reduced when you keep submerging them and handling sharp finned fishes. I’ve never used them bowhunting, usually just use a handwarmer muff with a charcoal heater pack inside. That’s been about the only thing that will keep my hands warm on a bitter late-season hunt.

This year I’m going to be trying out these gloves while ice-fishing.

Snosuit Gauntlet Glove

I got a chance to look them over pretty hard at the ice show, and was really impressed. 1000 denier on most of the glove, and goatskin leather to help keep some dexterity. That stuff is soft, yet completely submersible too.

Should work great for the late season hunts if not too noisy. I’ll check ’em out and let you know!

Joel

lick

The guy that talked me into the ice armor has had his for 3 years and they still work great look like crap but serve there purpose ive worn mine the last 2 weeks at work (outside driving an open cab forklift) and have yet to have cold fingers last thurs was -22

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Like I said Gut, that is why I started wearing mine hunting late season. I hunted in -22 with them one year and I was able not only hack the cold they also keep my hands dry from the snow that late season, while going in and out of trucks, crawling on my hand & knees in the snow, crossing rivers, grabbing things form the wet snow, etc. The problem is they just don’t last long, perhaps I’m tough on my equipment, but I don’t wear them that often???

lick

Give me this winter to beat the crap out of mine and see how they hold up

whiskeyandwater
    ????

I’m with Lip, an Joel on this one. Loved them the 1t few times I used them, thought they were the best ever. mid way through one ice season I was looking for different gloves.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I was in Mills Fleet Farm yesterday and did see they modified their design a little. Hopefully the new design holds up better. It seems to be made better!. Let us know how it goes Gut!

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Maybe I was just lucky with mine, but they’ve lasted 3 years, with about 100 treble hooks stuck in them, and I even took a fish or two off with them. My buddy bought a pair the same day as me, and he still has his too. His are in rougher shape then mine, because he wears them doing construction all winter long.

I personally think they’re meant to be a warm glove for cold weather fishing. When used for that application they last a long time and work flawlessly.

I guess I look at it like this, I know these are light weight, highly sensitive and warm gloves. I don’t expect them to hold up to pounding nails, carrying railroad ties, climbing trees and pouring concrete. I’m not sure they were marketed as an all purpose outdoors glove.

Are they good for fishing in cold weather, absolutely. Are they an all purpose bulletproof glove, probably not. I’m the type that will spend the money on specialty equipment like this for the one purpose, and look at any other benefit of the product as a bonus.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

I put the Snosuit ones to the test this weekend, and they were awesome. Fully submerged picking walleyes (and a giant pike) out of the hole, and the softer goatskin is nice for detail work. Seemed a bit bulky for hunting applications, but a good product nonetheless.

Joel

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.