Moultree I40 question

• tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

This is my first Moultree…I set it up by the instr book and everything went well…switched out SD cards by turning off camera…next check, no pics? but the bears had obviously been there.
    The adv SD card instr say that you need to turn off camera, pull SD card, go to set up> erase all images> press yes> press set up again> turn off camera, insert new SD card, turn camera on…
    Is this correct and/or there an easier way to swap out SD cards?

jeff_heeg
    Marshfield WI.

Tom

Tom before you shut off the camera to swap cards, always glance at the screen and check your picture count which should be saved on your card which I believe is in the upper right area of the screen and then I always glance at the battery life in the lower right area then I turn it to off.

With the camera off now

Open up the battery cover pull the card with pics out and then replace it with the new card with no pics then put the battery cover back on and then It’s time to turn on the camera – wait for it to cycle thru once, the date and time should come back up – then you can hit the mode button to fire her back up to taking pics again and you now have the green light and 20 some seconds counting down to get the main cover down and shut and get out of the area.

Clearing of all memory before entering the card is only done in the first start up as long as you always use the memory cards.

I hope this helps

Jeff

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Awesome Jeff… They need some simple instructions like that for tech challenged guys like me!

Thanks!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Just a note on the side…I had trouble with my Moultrie that I purchased in April (Special from Midway USA). Worked the first time I took it out and then I get zero pictures after that. Tried everything I could think of but no luck. So I went to Midway USA website to return it and got the information off the website. Sent it back last Thursday and I’m told the new one will arrive today! Midway USA has AWESOME customer service…and I didn’t even have to talk to anyone!

les_welch

With the I 40 all you have to do is shut it off, pull the card. Replace with new card, and turn on. Shut cover and walk away. It will automatically start taking pics once 5 minutes is up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.