Hummingbird helix 5

• Gabe Kuettner
    wabasha mn

Hello
    I just bought the helix 5 I actually have it out of the box and in my lap.i bought a 6 volt battery to hook up to it but I think I need clips or something please help

bullcans
    Northfield MN

I think you need a 12v but you better have the fuse breaker wired to it so you don’t fry the unit

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

You should wire it to your starting battery and don’t forget to add an inline fuse.

Gabe Kuettner
    wabasha mn

Could I go to fleet farm or local hardware store to get help from them I don’t want to f it up

bassn7
    Bruce,WI

Not too sound snobby but if you don’t know 6 or 12 volts find some one that does wiring [auto motive or marine] and ask for help on this or you could mess it up bad. A marina can install it for a fee. If you were closer I would help. or give me a call I do all my own installation pm me
    Stan wave

CBMN
    North Metro

Two words: you tube

Spend some time looking to see what you can find searching you tube and see if you think you might be able to do it. If not find some help.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

How is your boat setup for wiring first of all?

Do you know where you’ll want it to go?

Where are you going to have your wires run to make for a nice clean install?

Does it already have wiring making fishing new wires easier?

Doing a rush hookup to play with your new toy is fun, but don’t be foolish and screw it up, plenty of time to play later.

I ran my depthfinder off a vex battery for a couple years in my old boat, made it easier to charge up between uses. No worries there, will run it 8-10 hrs, what I got from my 597.

Donald Taft

Just installed the helix 5 on my pontoon boat. Everything went well until at the very end, I wanted to fine adjust the transducer angle to make sure I installed it exactly as instructed. I started to loosen the pivot bolt and the nut turned inside the plastic transducer mount, rounding the edges of where the nut seats. What a piece of cheap poop the mount is. Now what? I can’t get the pivot bolt either loose enough to remove or tighten. God I hate dumb-ass engineers that come up with moronic, cheaper parts just to justify their existence.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.