Humminbird FishSmart

• boos1906

Hey guys I’m looking for a lake oahe map. The map is 30 dollars on humminbird FishSmart app. Will it name all the bays and stuff or just show depths? I wanna make sure before I spend that kind of money. Also I’m a lowrance guy right now. Is this app pointless without the humminbird unit. I have the lowrance app to but can’t figure out how to download the map. Technology and me don’t always get along.

HMoshier

The Lakemaster maps are pretty detailed but I don’t know if they list bays and coves. Seems everyone has a different name for them anyway. You can use it on your phone but can’t download it to an SD card unless you have a HB unit to encrypt the card (you can use a friend’s, though). That way, you’ll have a copy if you ever change to HB.

Lowrance uses Navionics, and you can get their map for your phone by downloading the Navionics boating app. Just zoom to the lake you want and it shows depth lines, etc. You can check out the Navionics map on their website https://webapp.navionics.com/#boating and view it on your phone without downloading the app as long as you have cell service.

I use both and prefer the Lakemaster version but that is just me.

Matthew Sandys

I like the fishsmart maps. They have a lot more detail and the color shading/highlights are a lot better. That is just me. I have navionics too, but lakes I fish most I bite the bullet and get it. One less case of beer is the map for life.

boos1906

Thanks guys I wanted to have a good map outside of the boat.

HMoshier

Thanks guys I wanted to have a good map outside of the boat.

That one nice thing about having it on your phone. You don’t need to have your fish finder hooked up. You can plan and search a lake at your leisure.

boos1906

Yeah I agree was just hoping to have one that has the bays and coves named.

Matthew Sandys

I also downloaded the app to my Ipad and look at them through there. Larger screen is nice to work with.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.