Humminbird Ethernet

• loonswail
    Ankeny, IA

I am curious about networking Humminbirds. Is it worth the expense to network two or more sonar units and an I Pilot? The expense seems to me to be just over the top what with the cost of the switch and cables from Humminbird.
    Currently, I have an 859CI HD and a 959CI HD DI linked together with an Ethernet cable that I got used at a reasonable price. I also have I Pilot on my Minn Kota. I like the ‘follow the contour’ not so much the ‘spot lock'(in the wind anyway).
    I’ve searched for used switches online but none are reduced very much from the price Humminbird asks and not very many available at that.
    So, anyway, any opinions out there? I’d sure appreciate any and all input. THANX!

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

If you have the standard I-pilot that will not connect to the units. It would need to be the I-pilot link in order to connect to the locators and to also “follow the contour”

loonswail
    Ankeny, IA

Thanx. I do have ‘Link’. Used it exclusively before I purchased the second Hbird. Now I’ve been using the two sonars together and am trying to decide my next step.
    Was out the other day with the two sonars together and wished I had one hooked to the TM. Can’t have it both ways w/o a network switch tho.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.