Humbled on P2

• procor
    Mounds View, MN

Was out on P2 last night. There are still some barges it there, but not a lot. The weather was perfect – no wind and above freezing. Water two was low at 32.5-32.6. I went to all be favorite shows that produce and not a single tap on the other end, nothing, nadda, zippo!

Not sure what it is, but once the water temps get that low and the water clarity is great, they just seem to disappear on me. Not sure where they go. We met a guy on the ramp pulling out at about 9om when we were putting in, and they said they also never got a bite.

One of these years I will figure out the early winter bite. That is my last time out this fall. It was still a great day to be getting a near limit of beautiful sunfish ice fishing in the morning and being able to fish walleyes in the boat in the evening. Time to put the boat away. Another great season comes to an end.

matt

I got 4.There was a guy when I left that said he got 12.I dont know what to think,I have only fished down that far once this yr and once last year.So I tryed to find spots similar to ones that I had been doing real good at farther up.Not one spot I tryed was anybetter then the other got 2 fish at one of them and 1fish each at the others i stopped at.The icebergs were a bit ridiculous in spots when i came back in.And how do I make my pictures show the rite way?May just be my phone I spose.

Attachments:
    1. 20141122_202446.jpg

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Wish I was down there to try the vertical jigging bite during the day. Can be very good this time of year.

matt

I Tried vertical but never got bit,got fish dragging a floater and minnow.Gonna give it a try again in a little while here as long as its not pouring rain I guess.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.