Humble Pie

• Zach H

Took a trip up with a few buddies this weekend. It was down right terrible for us. We fished all over the place. Different depths, different techniques, and nothing to show for it. Saturday was really rough and it forced us to fish areas that we wouldn’t typically want to fish. We had really high hopes going into the weekend but we ended up coming home empty handed. I guess that’s the beauty of fishing. Some times you get into them, sometimes you don’t. Overall it was a great weekend in the boat with a few buddies I haven’t fished with for awhile. Hoping to get out one last time before the water gets hard. Anyone else try it out there this weekend?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I ate a double slice myself last week out on the WI River fishing muskie. We fished our brains out but after 2 days we had 1 – 40″ fish to show for two boats. Like you said, that’s fishing.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

A friend lives on leech and had the same results, he said he was putting the boat away for the year

fishdale

I had a 2 day slice of that on Mile lacs a week ago muskie fishing.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Not so good for my boat over the weekend also. Only a couple of fish in three short fishing trip. Good part was they where both on a spot I hadnt fished before. Will need to get back out to that and check it again. It was also some fantastic fishing weather over the weekend.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Cut me a slice of that pie too. Tuff bite on Milly over the weekend. Just a couple of dinker 8-10 inchers.

Still nice weather and nice to be up to the lake as always.

-J.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Dang Indian summer does it again. I swear it happens every fall.
    We were more fortunate here on Lake Wisconsin this weekend but the decent bite here was more an exception than what we normally see happen when an Indian summer strikes.

Jon Navratil

Great weather!! Just pick a willing and able volunteer such as smallmouth. The bass are snappin’ where I fish, they usually are.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.