how much to ask for older boat

• mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

I have an older (late 70’s) 19 foot fiberglass cuddy cabin with a 308 murcruser. it needs a new floor in it and who knows what else. I have owned (stored) it for the last 7 years and it is time to get rid of it. it currently sits on a single axle trailer.

anyone interested? if not what would be a good starting price? and other then craigslist where else to post it?

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

It’s a tough one. For $1500 you can get into something like this, which seems like it’s probably in a little better condition and has a better trailer: https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/boa/6079838904.html

I’d ask yourself how much money you think it’d take to get your boat into condition that would make it compete with the above for a buyer’s attention and money.

You might find that the math just doesn’t really work. You said “needs new floor and who knows what else.” Pulling up soft floor very often means you’ll discover issues with the stringers or bulkhead. Could easily tally up to more than the boat’s worth?

If you’re into the “just get rid of it” stage, I’d suggest offering it for $500 on craigslist. Give it a set time and if it doesn’t sell, strip it of any useful or valuable parts, drive it to a landfill and pay them to take the hull. (Dem-Con charges like $90 for any glass boat hull). Then sell the trailer for $400 or whatever?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.