How do you light your portable fish house?

• stevenhand01

Just wondering what you guys use for light in your fish houses. Has anyone used led strip light? Thoughts?

Thanks

Charles

RGB Strips best bang for you buck! I love be able to change the colors and dim the brightness. I power them off of a old flasher battery.

Dan Baker

I use a combination of the frabil 4 light bar, and an old fashion Colman lantern. The light bar for set up and tying jigs, and the lantern for everything else.

Bigwalleye30
    MN

I have a few light strips I got off Amazon for like $13 each that I have mounted on the middle and back bars on my otter and run it off a Clam battery pack. Wired up a box with switches and works perfectly.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Here ya go. 10 bucks!

404 ERROR
    MN

I use the stick on LED strips and wire them to a spare 12v battery in the sled with a rocker switch mounted to the battery box. Wires are ran up the top pole and light goes across the top. It is VERY bright.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I have the Clam light bar. Lights up my otter Resort real nice. I think I thinj I paid $30-40 for it. It comes with various different size clips so you can easily attach to bars in your house. I taped and ran the wire down one side of poles to a 9ah 12v battery. Runs a long time off that.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

A clip on style LED light on my baseball hat for tying jigs or dealing with issues is all I need. Anything else is a waste of space and time for me. I could see where a well-installed strip of simple LEDs would be beneficial to some. A lantern would be just another item that wastes my time and adds weight.

…However, I pride myself on being about as lightweight and portable as a person can be when using my 1 man. I don’t use lanterns, LEDs, floor mats, minnow buckets, or any other unnecessary items to slow me down. I always get a kick out of the guys who have boatloads of random creations and gear in their “PORTABLES”, but it takes them 5 minutes or more to set up/move. I can drill a dozen holes, catch multiple fish, and move a couple times before some have their cluster of junk set up once.

red89
    Hudson

My cousin bought some LED lights off of amazon, and added a small strip to the transducer arm on his flasher. I think he has intentions of adding some to the shack as well, but it was surprising how bright just the little strip on the flasher was and I thought it would be awesome for hole hopping on a warm night.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I love this set up, plus you can jump start your car and charge your phone.
    The 2 lights alone can run for over 24 hours.

Attachments:
    1. Fishhouse-lights.jpg

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

eelpout did you make the light bulb/wire setup or is that something you bought?

I have a northern lights bright lights battery and strip the strip has gone to crap the battery still works was thinking should get a lightbulb setup to use with the little battery

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Slipbob – The lights came that way. Really cheap also $2 a piece.
    The only problem is I can’t remember where I bought them. It was late on a Friday night and I was surfin the web for exactly what those are, a LED bulb with a USB port. I remember it took forever to find them (about 8 – 10 beers).
    I’ll dig back into my history to see if I can find the site.
    I was going to buy a case but I wanted to see if they worked first. They work and their awesome.

Crappy Fisherman

Clam light bar in my Otter Lodge. Screwed the black plastic clips to the center bar. I can swivel the light to the front or rear of the house depending on how brite I want it. Another bonus is there is enough room between the light and the bar to get the support poles snapped in without hitting the lights, had strip lights but the spreader poles kept hitting them and broke the lights.

milemark_714

A clip on style LED light on my baseball hat for tying jigs or dealing with issues is all I need. Anything else is a waste of space and time for me. I could see where a well-installed strip of simple LEDs would be beneficial to some. A lantern would be just another item that wastes my time and adds weight.

…However, I pride myself on being about as lightweight and portable as a person can be when using my 1 man. I don’t use lanterns, LEDs, floor mats, minnow buckets, or any other unnecessary items to slow me down. I always get a kick out of the guys who have boatloads of random creations and gear in their “PORTABLES”, but it takes them 5 minutes or more to set up/move. I can drill a dozen holes, catch multiple fish, and move a couple times before some have their cluster of junk set up once.

I do the same,and have one of those LED collapsible lanterns that run on AA batteries.Not much bigger that a beer can.Just enough light to see rod tips,and use headlamp to retie and ect.

07lotwchamp
    Andover, Mn

54″ LED strip electrical taped on works for me. waytogo

Attachments:
    1. 20170114_101412.jpg

catmando
    wis

I have a rope led strip over head,Then I bought a led light kit for lighting up a truck bed,8 lights.I cut a 3 inch plastic tube in half,cut the tube to length. Screwed the lights into the half tube,Then screwed whole works to the outside of the otter sled. Works like a champ.I saved 2 lights and gorilla glued them to the bottom of my lx3 and lx6 lights up a hole great. Wired to main battery. DK.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.