How do I find out if my Fenwick rod is registered

I bought a Fenwick rod in 1969 and I know I registered it. I can’t read the registration any longer and want to find out if it is still registered to me.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Come again

X2. I think the warranty might be up by a year or 40.
    But call Fenwick with your questions, going straight to the source is probably the best bet.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I show in our system that its still there, lifetime warranty.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

What exactly are you trying to do?

To be honest, Pure Fishing likely dumped those records when they purchased Fenwick, PFlueger and Shakespeare back in 08/09?. And even if they did, it’s not going to get you anywhere. You’ll likely have to pay the $15, ship the rod to them and they’ll send you an equivalent. Which IMO is not worth it.

You rod likely has a “Lifetime” warranty, but they obviously won’t be able to replace it. And frankly, any rod with a warranty claim after month 6-7 is likely due to damage to the blank/eye via the user. A rod with a damaged blank will likely break during it’s first few uses. Most anglers don’t want to admit it, but it’s the truth. It doesn’t take much to bruise a graphite rod.

Ripjiggen

Not worth it? 15$ for a rod 50 years newer?
    I am more impressed that you still have a rod in use from 69. That’s pretty awesome. Hopefully you have upgraded the real since.

Side note to the Fenwick lover out there. Gobble them up why you can because starting next year they will not be offering a rod under 300$ anymore.

Jeff Schomaker

Side note to the Fenwick lover out there. Gobble them up why you can because starting next year they will not be offering a rod under 300$ anymore.
    [/quote]

Where did this information come from? They currently don’t have any rods OVER $300. So I find it hard to believe they will only offer rods over a price point they have yet to venture into.

blank

I am more impressed that you still have a rod in use from 69. That’s pretty awesome.

Nice yay

Ripjiggen

Where did this information come from? They currently don’t have any rods OVER $300. So I find it hard to believe they will only offer rods over a price point they have yet to venture into.
    [/quote]

Directly from the MN sales reps mouth at the ambassador meeting.
    World Class rods are 350$ full retail.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Directly from the MN sales reps mouth at the ambassador meeting.
    World Class rods are 350$ full retail.

Yeah I saw those and sorry Fenwick, but I prolly won’t be purchasing any new rods from you anytime soon. I own 3 HMG’s from ten plus years ago, and 2 Walleye Elite Techs. At this point I usually look at Criox or Loomis.

10klakes

I can’t imagine Purefishing allowing Fenwick to do that when sales are once again down and at risk of default, but who knows.

Like many, good thing I stocked up on everything purefishing for 40-50% off this winter yay Was that an attempt to boost sales quick or a mistake ???

Pure Fishing at ‘elevated risk of default’ after 14.6% drop in sales

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

I am more impressed that you still have a rod in use from 69. That’s pretty awesome. Hopefully you have upgraded the real since.

I would rather have a 50 year old rod than send it to Pure Fishing, give them $15 and get a $200 rod.

Maybe I’m biased, and know what rods truly cost to make these days.

By the way, there is no such thing as an ambassador meeting for Pure Fishing anymore. They have an annual sales meeting normally in Columbia, SC, no Ambassadors are invited to this event. If they were I would be there.

Straight from Tackle Tour:
    The way the rods load when set is reminiscent of some of the best American style rods on the market, many of which retail for significantly more. Starting prices for the rods are as follows: Eagle $99, HMG $150, Elite $250, and World Class $429. Even the most expensive World Class rod tops out at $479, which is no small investment, but significantly less than the price of many competing premium rods.

I’m pretty sure $99 is less than $300.

Buffalo Fishhead

The lowest priced rod in the Fenwick line of rods (the Eagle) retails for $69.99 most places. If that rod goes to $300, that is roughly a 330 percent increase in price.

If they raise the price on all their rods by that amount they will not be in business very long.

Buffalo Fishhead

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

I would rather have a 50 year old rod than send it to Pure Fishing, give them $15 and get a $200 rod.

Maybe I’m biased, and know what rods truly cost to make these days.

By the way, there is no such thing as an ambassador meeting for Pure Fishing anymore. They have an annual sales meeting normally in Columbia, SC, no Ambassadors are invited to this event. If they were I would be there.

Straight from Tackle Tour:
    The way the rods load when set is reminiscent of some of the best American style rods on the market, many of which retail for significantly more. Starting prices for the rods are as follows: Eagle $99, HMG $150, Elite $250, and World Class $429. Even the most expensive World Class rod tops out at $479, which is no small investment, but significantly less than the price of many competing premium rods.

I’m pretty sure $99 is less than $300.

Well I must have been dreaming when I attended the local meeting in Eden Prairie in March so I could get caught up on new items before working the Midwest sports show and some other side work events.
    They are not raising the prices of their HMG HMX etc to 300$ they did take a price increase however. They are completely redoing their whole lineup and the world class or Elite will be their first tier rod eventually. At least that was the plan as of March when I WAS AT THE MEETING and talking with the sales rep that is also a close friend.
    This was in March and it was fresh news to everyone working at Pure fishing as the sales meeting was just prior.
    Their long term plan was to get out of the affordable market and into the high end rod market.
    Don’t think it will happen in a year as their new rod techs were just hired in last 24 months, but if they plan on following through with their plan they explained to us they will be going with 250$-300 and up for their rods in the near future.
    If you look at what pure fishing owns it makes a lot of sense as they have the affordable market covered with Berkley and Ugly Stick. Under 100$ Abu Garcia 100 to 250/300 covers their premium rods and they don’t have much for ultra premium except for Hardy who is more focused in the fly world.

Sorry didn’t mean to derail the thread but you could try contact pure fishing but a rod that old probably doesn’t have records anymore.

mrpike1973

On a happy note just bought a Fenwick Bass Elite spinning rod broke one and needed one for a trip. This is what the local shop had. Never been a Fenwick guy but boy this rod is sweet light and able to register it. The only thing I own from 1969 is my wife and she’ older than me WOW That’s a long time for a rod.

cheers

My first fish finder was a Garmin many years ago when they first came to be .It had a lifetime warranty. As the years passed the unit finally stopped working so I contacted Garmin for repairs under the lifetime warranty. There response to me was lifetime refers to the expected lifetime of the unit not the owner and a fish finder was only expected to last a few years so no warranty would be offered !
    I would expect the same for a fishing rod.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.