Hot Water Discharge Lakes w Bass in them?

• mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Are there any hot water discharge lakes with largemouth or ? bass in them that can be fished from a boat? Looking to find a lake within 5 hours from Minneapolis that is legal to fish right now. Would be a Weekend trip. Or any other lakes in any other states that would be close and open (warm/legal) TIA

Karry Kyllo

Nelson Lake in ND comes to mind but it’ll be more than 5 hrs away for you.

munchy
    NULL

Chequamegon Bay, Ashland Wisconsin. Worldclass smallies that could put Mille Lacs to shame. Haven’t researched if the season is open at the moment however.

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Chequamegon Bay, Ashland Wisconsin. Worldclass smallies that could put Mille Lacs to shame. Haven’t researched if the season is open at the moment however.

Is there a hot water discharge there? I was thinking of going somewhere a little warmer. Plus I don’t think the season is open there?

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Nelson Lake in ND comes to mind but it’ll be more than 5 hrs away for you.

Yup been there a few times. It’s about 8 hours to the boat landing. Sometimes a crap shoot how the weather is. There are no trees around so when it’s windy it really blows across that small prairie lake!

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Munchy wrote:</div>

Is there a hot water discharge there? I was thinking of going somewhere a little warmer. Plus I don’t think the season is open there?

Yes, it’s an Xcel power plant that discharges there. Never fished it myself but have heard it called the “Hot Pond” by a few.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.