Horseshoe chain

• chappy
    Hastings, MN

Kinda windy this weekend up there on Horseshoe chain, But we did manage to find a couple ‘eye’s. The techneic (SP)??? We used was Vertical jigging with live bait. We managed to find some fish hanging out in a deep hole 20-30’ near some current. Was’nt fast but we appearently were late because there was only about a 1/2 hour window where they really bit good. That’s my report

JoeMX1825
    MN

where abouts were you fishing? the long flat in Krons bay?

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Nope, In that “hole” over by schnieder lake.Leads to Kray’s lake??

JoeMX1825
    MN

I know where your talking about, do you have good luck there year round?

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I know it’s a hotspot on the openner,bit I could’nt tell you if they are there all summer. I would think so,there’s deep water and current there all year with shallow area’s close.

scottsteil
    Central MN

It is a better area earlier in the year though mid June. Then most of those fish slip into the weeds or much deeper. Shallow gravel is the spot to get the numbers now. Most of the good early ice spots are producing pretty well casting cranks right now.

Smithwicks have been the bait of choice. I even got out the other night to enjoy a pretty good bite. Nothing huge but I had a nice 25 incher inhale my Suspending Rogue with several other eater size fish, that I released. I was fishing from shore, and you can cast those Smithwicks a mile

JoeMX1825
    MN

Are there any other good Walleye spots on the east end lakes like Knaus and Krays? How about under the Bridge that leads to coldspring? how about near those huge boulders in the middle of Knaus?/Bolfing? Lake…I found a small deep channel next to the rock cliffs near the channel that leads to the Cold Spring boat launch…Anything ever come out of that?

scottsteil
    Central MN

The Knause Bridge and the area to the North of that is terrific. By far the best walleye spot down that way. Opening fishing that area is as good as it gets.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.