This board is dead

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Nobody posts or replies….

scottsteil
    Central MN

Nothing to report. My boat is sold and most of the locals are hunting now. The water still hasn’t cooled down enough to get the big fall bite going. The weather the next two days should do the trick!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I was there 2 weekends ago and we spent 6 hours catching 10 keepable sunfish. Pretty slow! Spent some time on horseshoe on the flats and caught 1 small dink. Nothing really to report or I would have.A buddy has a cabin on Ceder Island and was up this last weekend and said it is still dead. About those hunters, They woke me up awefully early last Sat.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’ve been catching big Smallies and Walleyes the past couple of weeks…It’s been perfect except for the wind…

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Skeet, What lake on the chain were you fishing to catch the eye’s? We caught 1 small one on horseshoe and 1 keeper in “the hole” over near Schnieder.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Horseshoe has been the best lake for me…Krons bay has been the best spot…Where is this “hole” near Schneider Lake?

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I’m really not famliar with those lakes but it’s across from when you go into Schnieder. It looked as if it were a entry into some other lakes. It’s a really narrow openning into the other lakes. Guess it’s a hotspot on the openner.Might be a little south than straight across. Not sure.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Chappy is referring to the narrows before Bolfing lake.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Thanks Scott.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I know the spot your talking about, talk about a underwater cliff, does that spot hold good numbers of fish? I’m still looking for good smallie spots, I caught a couple last week but I’m always looking for new hideouts

chappy
    Hastings, MN

My buddy dos’nt fish for those. Neither do I unless there’s nothing else to fish for!!!! Walleye’s ,Crappies, and Sunfish are what I’m after, Something that’s good table fare!!!

JoeMX1825
    MN

As long as you use selective harvest for the Walleyes keeping them is ok…For panfish try becker or mud lakes, I’ve always had my best luck for Walleys on Horseshoe & Ceder Island lakes…Remember let the big ones go, they don’t taste good anyways…

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Hopefully I’ll be back up there in a couple weeks. No.Dakota next weekend (Pheasants) ,Mille Lacs the weekend after that(Wally’s) . Maybe during Deer hunting if she ain’t skimmed over.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Chappy by then the Horseshoe Flats should be the place for those gills. Also, I have a few more spots for panfish that I can put you on if you let me know you are coming. As for right now, the only thing really going for gills is Becker. Not much for fishing going one, although I hear rumors that the shallow fall walleye bite is really picking up.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Scott, can you point me towards any deep rock piles? I’m looking for the deep smallie spots…I know about the rocks at the entrance of Krons bay but I’m looking for deep rock piles or big boulder fields if they exist?

scottsteil
    Central MN

Send me a PM. I will put a list together.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.