Where are the walleyes right now?

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Man oh man, I’m having terrible luck finding Walleyes on the chain the past couple of weeks, but Big Pike are biting, anybody else having luck with Walleyes? if so what lake are you fishing?

scottsteil
    Central MN

Skeeter, I can’t help you out either. I have not been fishing the chain lately. I would guess deep now, but who knows. The water temps have dropped considerably and we could get an early shallow bite this fall if this weather pattern keeps up. I would imagine you won’t have a lot of company right now, as no one I know is chasing walleye on the shoe yet.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’ve eliminated allot of spots on the chain so they have to be concentrated somewhere, how deep do you think they go? 30+ feet down? with most of the water depths on the chain 5-20ft you think they would be easy to find at those depths?

scottsteil
    Central MN

Yes, I would imagine 30 plus still. Although, the water temp has come down considerably, so, I wouldn’t be suprised to see them showing up in the shallows again. The best fishing is only a few weeks away.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Nevermind, I found them…

scottsteil
    Central MN

LOL, Well????

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’ll exchange exact locations for some Smallie hot spots…Send me a PM, I don’t want a millions boats around me like last weekend…

scottsteil
    Central MN

Skeeter, not looking for exact spots, just some generals. Depth, presentation. I will not be fishing the chain until late fall, but sharing some general info with others that share is kind on the name of the game.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m just looking for a specific late summer/fall smallie spot, Walleyes are in the 12-16 ft range on the points and drop offs. Shadraps are what I’ve been using casting from deep to shallow

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.