Looking for Larger Walleye hot spots

• JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m looking for concentrations of larger Walleyes (I’m catch & release only) so don’t worry about me cleaning out your hotspots…Send a Private Message with the locations and I will share my known hotspots as well…I know good smallmouth spots too….

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Hi Skeeter- I am looking. Nothing with much size yet. I will report back when I find somthing.

Mykal
    Rogers, MN

Skeeterzx180, I found a few nicer ‘eyes on opener around the “trough” by Hammers Point. 21.5 and a 21 of which went back. I’ve been back a couple times and they are gone…..Lots of little guys everywhere along with all the smallies, pike, and cats. Tomorrow I go to plan B and head back to the early Spring spots. It has been tough.

scottsteil
    Central MN

The bigger walleye are coming from the River portions of the chain in relatively shallow water for this time of year. Live bait has been the best lately but pulling cranks is getting better.

Mykal
    Rogers, MN

Scott, yep, that was my plan “B”. I found the size went up in the current areas. Had a great day last weekend with a mixed bag of Crappie and Walleyes. The Crappie were 10-12 and I got a few ‘Eyes in the 15-20 inch range. Of course the Cats were snapping in the same area.

JoeMX1825
    MN

What locations were you concentrating on? Horseshoe bridge, Koetter entrance, Zumwalde bridge? those are the more major current areas I know of…

scottsteil
    Central MN

Fish the big ones like you are fishing Bass, that should get you what you are looking for.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Not sure what you are talking about?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I think Scott is talking about fishing deeper weed edges… those same areas all the bass guys tear up all summer.

Casting cranks to the weed edge from a boat out side the weeds or maybe even rigging or jigging livebait along the edges or through pockets and openings.

But then I’m just guessing. Scott, please set me straight should I be caught talking out my >>>

JoeMX1825
    MN

Gotcha, hopefully fishing will get better now that the mayfly hatch is over, it showed signs last week

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.