Where are all of the Bass on the chain?

• JoeMX1825
    MN

I spent all weekend fishing the best bass habitat on the chain and not one largemouth was caught! I did manage 2 smallmouth while fishing for Walleye but where are the largemouth bass?

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Hi Joe- I talked to a few people that have been out on the chain and have the same question. Maybe once this weather gets out of this wind, rain, cold swing the fishing will improve. I have not got out on the chain as of yet for bass action, but will soon.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I guess I’m glad to know I’m not the only one not catching any, really disheartnening when you fish the perfect weed beds and there’s nothing in them!

JoeMX1825
    MN

I hope that’s the case, seems a little late though…I didn’t see any bass spawning in the shallows on Becker/Horseshoe/Ceder Island lakes, this weekend I’m going to focus more on Smallies…Good luck fishing!

scottsteil
    Central MN

They are just coming to the end of the spawn out there. That is the reason they are very inactive yet. By this weekend things should start heating up.

The really big fish are still back in the shallow bays amongst the cover. As I said, it is pretty much over and you should see their activity level pick up a lot!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.