Has anybody ever seen Giant River Otters on the chain?

• JoeMX1825
    MN

I know this is a strange post but a couple of years ago I was out fishing the big island in Ceder Island Lake and 3 Giant River Otters swam by my boat on the surface. I didn’t have a camera at the time, but trust me, they were giant river Otters. Did/does anybody on the Chain have them as pets at the time? I asked the DNR and they laughed at me…

scottsteil
    Central MN

Because the Chain is part of a River system nothing suprises me anymore. One thing that is very common is seing deer swimming from land out to the islands. Also, we seem to have a bumber crop of Badgers over the last two years. I grew up here and never saw one. Last year I had 2 in my back yard and there was one on the golf course. Maybe those otters moved in with the Badgers

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m totally serious, They were swimming around my boat for about 3 minutes, they were about 3-4 feet long, I’ve seen nature shows and know exactly what they look like..

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’ve seen several crazy things over the past 5 years I’ve been on the chain, from almost hitting Deer swimming between islands, Weasels/Farets roaming the shorelines, Turtles rolling off the cliffed hills to huge goats on the Horseshoe lake island…Strange things man…

scottsteil
    Central MN

A friend of mine owns that island. The goats and sheep are on there to keep the foiliage down. They take them out in the spring and bring them in before fall. The keep the lawn mowed pretty well

newt
    Pillager, MN

Here’s one for ya. About 20 years ago my brother, my sister, and I were out in a pontoon fishing in one of the bays and we saw 3 monkeys in the trees!! Yes monkeys! We all saw them and we all agreed that yes, they were monkeys. Anybody ever see monkeys or hear of someone who kept them as pets? We have wonder about this one for …. well, about 20 years.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.