Heading up 23rd.

• BBKK
    IA

I’ll be up there late on the 23rd, leaving the 30th early in the morning… fishing all week with the family and staying at island view. If you see a fat college kid in a blue/white ranger give me a wave. I’ll be chasing the bass, walleye, and panfish on horseshoe and becker.

See ya on the lake!

Kevin

glenn57
    cold spring mn

and stay out of corky’s bar in richmond!!!!!!!!!!! and when ya leave you have to take ALL THE MOSQIUTO’S WITH YA! other then that have a good trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I sure do miss the Roost…

glenn57
    cold spring mn

he did buy a bar on main street in richmond. the old denny’s bar across the street from plantenbergs food market! little smaller but same clowns!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Yeah, I gotta get in there one of these years tipped more than a few at the old roost, I loved his 3 for 1’s on friday nights

glenn57
    cold spring mn

he and his family are friends with our family. we grew up together. AND i taught him everthing he knows about baseball!!! yeah, there where a lot of back yard ball games, but he couldnt fish worth a……!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Used to party with his sister Barb too She could party with the best of em

glenn57
    cold spring mn

OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! but i didnt teach that!!!!!!

BBKK
    IA

With the sauk being up 3′, how high will the water in the chain be?

lundproangler
    Cold Spring, MN

VERY HIGH–THe entire chain is a NO WAKE ZONE for the next five days. Highest water levels I have ever seen in 30 years.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Quote:

VERY HIGH–THe entire chain is a NO WAKE ZONE for the next five days. Highest water levels I have ever seen in 30 years.

Yup, the water level is crazy, only other time you see it this high is during the spring melt. I had to pull my jetski out and raise my lift as high as it would go…Can somebody on the lake who visits this board post where the huge bog that floated outside of the bay in Ceder Island lake is now? As of Monday morning it settled on the point entering Ceder Island lake, that thing will destroy everything in it’s path if it makes it to the fast current areas and gains speed down the chain…

BBKK
    IA

seriously its no wake? or just lots of stuff floating in the water so you cant run?

Michael Moy
    S.W. Wright Co. Mn.

Yes, there is several lakes in the area that were on the news today, “no wake anywhere on the lake”.
    They said people will be ticketed if they are going faster than “idle speed”.
    It sucks,but is supposed to be lifted in 5 days.

BBKK
    IA

Well at least there wont be any jet skis and tubers flying around me while I’m trying to fish… even though the fishing will probably be crap.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Quote:

seriously its no wake? or just lots of stuff floating in the water so you cant run?

YEP! just read it in the st cloud times. max speed 5mph. and its the whole horseshoe system1 plus a few other lakes.

BBKK
    IA

According to the DOT I cant even get to the resort, 22 south of richmond is closed.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

havent heard that one and i just tried calling my mother she lives 5 blocks from the river acess there, but shes not home again. gonna have to ground that woman!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Quote:

According to the DOT I cant even get to the resort, 22 south of richmond is closed.

Use the 71 access, it’s still open, although you’ll have to drive through thick duckweed and algea

lundproangler
    Cold Spring, MN

Use the 71 access, it’s still open, although you’ll have to drive through thick duckweed and algea

The #71 access is open but no wake till Monday.
    I took this pic this morning, the dock is at least a foot under water.

BBKK
    IA

Resort said they never closed 22 at 23 (DOT lied to me). So I’m good to go

BBKK
    IA

You guys wouldn’t believe how many boats I’ve seen running full bore during the “emergency no wake”. I’ve seen at least a doz so far this morning.

lundproangler
    Cold Spring, MN

That’s too bad, some people don’t care or don’t know?

BBKK
    IA

I’d say I saw at least 30 going above no wake today. all of them I saw were people living on the lakes.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Quote:

I’d say I saw at least 30 going above no wake today. all of them I saw were people living on the lakes.

one of my docks flipped over and was banging into my pontoon boat, luckily there wasn’t any major damage, just scratching…honestly, the main culprits I see on these lakes and those who either live or have a cabin on the lakes, they are always breaking no wake zones or keeping every fish they catch. 99% of the time it’s older retired folks in pontoons, this is just an observation.. Thankfully it looks like the chain will get down to manageable water levels by the end of the week…

BBKK
    IA

Am I right in assuming the emergency no wake is over with? Didnt see any boats idling today so I figured it was done.

BBKK
    IA

Alright no wake is over! Finally a 30 minute boat ride turns into 3 minutes.

Boated 14 walleye so far.

BBKK
    IA

25 walleye in the boat so far, C&R except for a couple eaters for dinner!

BBKK
    IA

Caught, pictured, and released at the dock.

JoeMX1825
    MN

nice fish, what lake?

BBKK
    IA

Just boated a 27 incher

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.