Any good?

• BBKK
    IA

Anyone doing any good up there? Heading up next month, hopefully there will be some fish biting!

Water high?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Early/Mid summer fishing is tough on the chain, fish are really set in their patterns and there’s tons of bait fish to eat…I fish as slow as possible during these few months, focus on any good weedbeds you can find and then fish the edges..Spring & especially Fall fishing is what the chain is all about…

BBKK
    IA

Oh I do pretty darn well on the walleye, crappie, and bass in the middle of the summer up there.. took a while but I figured them out. Last year the crappie were in 22 FOW on the bottom and the walleye were on a 15/20 shelf.. and of course, the catfish were everywhere your line touched the water.

Any weed lines forming yet?

2×4

My father in law just caught a 24″ walleye off of his dock this last weekend near Cold Spring

JoeMX1825
    MN

Fish can be had during this time, you just have to really work for them…I caught a 18.5″ female smallie last weekend that was super skinny, so it seems like they are just starting to eat after spawning…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.