Hook2 Reveal with US Inland C-Maps

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

So I bought a unit with C-Maps. I just hooked it up and checked a few lakes and was non plussed by the contours. The coast had nothing, ok it’s inland lakes, so I checked out Okeechobee and the contours are in like 3 or 6′ intervals?

So do I need to buy a chip for decent contours? I was also supposed to see Navionics as an option in the settings, I thought it was either or. But navionics is the same, the contours are lacking.

Matt M
    Blaine, MN

Yes cmap is crap. I bought 3 elite9’s that came with cmap. Same experience with the lakes here in mn. 3 to 6 foot contours. I had to get navionics cards. I was disappointed because I thought they would have the 1 footers. Oh well, live and learn……

Matt

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Thanks for verifying. I basically have maps that point out navigation features and the shoreline…which I can see with my eyes.

I got it because I want to play with Genesis live and upload and make my own maps. Of course that is a subscription, but I think it’s relatively inexpensive.

The problem is I have a kayak so it’ll take a year of passing to have enough data worth uploading.

I am definitely not spending another $150-$200 on a cmap or navionics chip with good contours now. Especially when I’ll mostly be fishing 1-5′ of water on the flats.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.