High Banks Lake Winnie

• Alex W
    Bangor, WI

Hello all,

I have a coworker who reached out to me for some input on a sleeper shack trip to Lake Winnie. Aside from the dynamite perch fishing I told her they have, I told her I’d reach out and see what I could find out about the outfitter they were thinking of going through. That being said, they are looking to go out of High Banks Resort. I was just wondering if anybody had any experiences with them or could offer advice about the area. They are looking to keep the price around $150 per 24 hours and the ability to rent out a flasher which High Banks offers. Basically just looking for some reviews. Thanks guys!

Alex W
    Bangor, WI

Anyone?

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Really not that many options, maybe a guide service might have sleepers, but not at $150. Maybe $150 per person. Highbanks has sleeper crank down houses. North of Highbanks there’s a pretty substantial pressure ridge running from the river area across to Mallard Point, so cross that area off of your list

Matt M
    Blaine, MN

I have fished winni many times on the ice and open water. Ice fishing I have never rented a house, I have my own. I have sayed highbanks, dennys, northland lodge, pines, nodaks, mccardles, gosh dam place, and Judds when it was around. I have never had a bad experience at any of them. Rick and Kim at highbanks are great hosts and work hard for their guests.

Matt

fishnutbob
    Walker, Mn.

High Banks is very good. Would be my choice. Good Luck

Johnny Laker
    Central MN

HIGHLY RECOMMEND High Banks!! I was just up there and took my house out of their access… Great group of folks and the fishing was decent (Major Cold Front) but the fish we did catch were good ones… Thats what I love about Lake Winni, you never know what size walleye you’ll hook into and the perch can be the same way.. seemed like the cold snap just shut em down a bit but the ones we caught were 23″-26.5″… We wouldn’t have kept them if we could of but that’s why I like slot lakes, not every fish gets taken out… there are plenty of “meat” lakes and its always nice having a lake that doesn’t get as much pressure like Red Lake does so you can still have your 6 walleye limit (minding the slot of course) and still have the opportunity to catch big fish for a friendly picture and then back down the hole it goes

michaelcfi79
    Twin Cities, MN

Ryan’s guide service worth checking out too

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.