HF 2745 – trash/debris left on ice

• TH

Looks like a $25 fine for peeing on the ice.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Looks like a $25 fine for peeing on the ice.

i’d go broke rotflol J/K.

there are already littering laws !!!!!!!! doah

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Great some more wasted legislation that we pay these people to come up with that will have zero enforcement behind it. Peeing in or on the lake happens both seasons so?

Coletrain27

Great some more wasted legislation that we pay these people to come up with that will have zero enforcement behind it. Peeing in or on the lake happens both seasons so?

Exactly. People pi$$ in the water in the summer and the winter. They should make the fine for littering $125 instead of $25 but it doesn’t matter because there is not enough people around to enforce it anyway. Isn’t there already a law on littering anyway?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Peeing in or on the lake happens both seasons so?

I believe the reason for this is the evidence that is left behind. You don’t actually have to get caught with your pants down lol. Its the evidence that is outside your shack, as opposed to no evidence in open water. If you get caught peeing from your boat, you can already get cited for a violation.

Obviously people pee in the lake all the time during open water too. No argument from me on that one. Law enforcement needs evidence to fine someone.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

The peeing part is a damn crime against humanity. I cant even imagine the reaction from my ancestors if I told them that! There were already littering laws in place. I DO NOT recognize this new joke of a law.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

What about your 100# lab can they pee by your shack or truck tire? People are gonna be pigs no matter.

Coletrain27

What about your 100# lab can they pee by your shack or truck tire? People are gonna be pigs no matter.

it says no sewage from animals or humans. Better train your dog to hold it in I guess jester

Riverrat

They’re not talking about peeing on the ice, they’re talking about the nasty bags of poop that get left behind. And I’ve seen it happen plenty of times. A raft of poop bags floated to shore on a lake I fish near here that isn’t even that popular. This law is for a specific stereotype of fisherman. It would be better to just raise the fine to 500$ with half going to the county then it would be enforced.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Sample the poop for DNA.
    Check the DNA collected with Ancestry.com’s data base.
    Issue citations.

Yes, I came up with that all on my own.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Sample the poop for DNA.
    Check the DNA collected with Ancestry.com’s data base.
    Issue citations.

Yes, I came up with that all on my own.

rotflol your a genius BK!! waytogo yay

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

They’re not talking about peeing on the ice, they’re talking about the nasty bags of poop that get left behind. And I’ve seen it happen plenty of times. A raft of poop bags floated to shore on a lake I fish near here that isn’t even that popular. This law is for a specific stereotype of fisherman. It would be better to just raise the fine to 500$ with half going to the county then it would be enforced.

[Definition. For purposes of this section, “sewage” means excrementitious or
    other discharge from the bodies of human beings or animals]

Discharge can mean anything. Hell, even a farmer blow could be construed as illegal by some warped LEO.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Just more political BS that will result in no improvement. Fine needs to big enough to hurt to cause a change. For 25.00 PIGS will continue to be PIGS. This country has plenty of them.

Sylvanboat

Just like gun control. They pass a law, then pat themselves on the back. They refuse to address the underlying causes.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

And no storing full garbage bags outside an ice house, that’s going to be an added expense for sleeper house rentals.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

And no storing full garbage bags outside an ice house, that’s going to be an added expense for sleeper house rentals.

So what we are supposed to haul them off as we fill them? Not a huge issue as we normally only have one to two bags when we are done, but that is just plain stupid. I think these people have never been ice fishing before.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The garbage/debris/waste left on ice is appalling and getting worse with each passing year.

With that said, this bill will not change it. $25 is nothing and there are already laws related to littering that are not enforced. I’d support cranking the fine to $750, and revoked licenses from those responsible for repeat offenders. It still likely wouldn’t be enforced but might scare someone into picking up behind themselves.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Still at the top of my list of litter bugs are smokers who toss cig butts on the ice or send them floating in open water. And most do it without giving it a second thought. smash

-J.

JEREMY
    BP

So what we are supposed to haul them off as we fill them?

Put them into the back of your truck.

haleysgold
    SE MN

Still at the top of my list of litter bugs are smokers who toss cig butts on the ice or send them floating in open water. And most do it without giving it a second thought. smash

Don’t sweat the little things. That cig butt breaks up and 30 minutes later you don’t even see them cuz there’s very little there to see.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Don’t sweat the little things. That cig butt breaks up and 30 minutes later you don’t even see them cuz there’s very little there to see.

From the Google:

The filters on cigarettes – four-fifths of all cigarettes have them – are made of cellulose acetate, a form of plastic that is very slow to degrade in the environment. A typical cigarette butt can take anywhere from 18 months to 10 years to decompose, depending on conditions.

-J.

slough

I got an $800 ticket for this a few years ago, said to the warden “boy that’s a little steep” he said “yep, $100 an inch” razz jester

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>John Rasmussen wrote:</div>
    So what we are supposed to haul them off as we fill them?

Put them into the back of your truck.

I get it but how is that different? If I was a piece of crap I would still be dumping back on the ice when I left. No one I fish with leaves anything behind.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

$25. for peeing??!!

I was on Mill Lacs many years ago in a sleeper.
    Went outside…looking around to see if there was anyone around (that I might offend).

Finished up and went back inside. It wasn’t too long and there was a knock on the door. Turns out to be a CO. I was expecting him to check licenses, fish ect.

After he finished checking fish and licenses, he wrote me an “indecent exposure” ticket! Before I could deny it, he said he was watching with his binoculars and since I was the only one with a red jacket… here’s your ticket.

It was embarrassing to get cited for this in front of everyone but the fine was just crazy! $1100.00!!
    Yup, $100. an inch. His female partner asked for my phone number. Carry on.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’m so glad no one said “pictures, or it didn’t happen”.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Slough / Brian

You are both funny guys !!! As the saying goes ” Those that brag the most, normally have the least ” jester

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

$25. for peeing??!!

I was on Mill Lacs many years ago in a sleeper.
    Went outside…looking around to see if there was anyone around (that I might offend).

Finished up and went back inside. It wasn’t too long and there was a knock on the door. Turns out to be a CO. I was expecting him to check licenses, fish ect.

After he finished checking fish and licenses, he wrote me an “indecent exposure” ticket! Before I could deny it, he said he was watching with his binoculars and since I was the only one with a red jacket… here’s your ticket.

It was embarrassing to get cited for this in front of everyone but the fine was just crazy! $1100.00!!
    Yup, $100. an inch. His female partner asked for my phone number. Carry on.

lmao that’s pretty good

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.