Hey James what happend to the weme post?

• supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Seen the post and link yesterday but now I can not find it am I doing something wrong? Have not used the service but I am always interested in learning. You know what they say stop learning, stop earning!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MeWe

A great place for white supremacists and conspiracy theorist to gather. Count me out.

White supremacists, really. Lol. I dont have a weme nor other social media. Used to have face book but haven’t looked at it in long long time. But that theory you have is hilarious? Its most popular in Hong Kong. Are they white supremacist

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

A great place for white supremacists and conspiracy theorist to gather. Count me out.

I’m sorry did I ask something wrong? It was a post from James I thought it was a link for fishing information? Wow can’t ask any question here.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I don’t think it was a shot at you or your question. Just posting a link and his opinion.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

I don’t think it was a shot at you or your question. Just posting a link and his opinion.

It would be a lot easier if people would just answer the question instead of always voicing there opinion.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Since nobody who has the power to remove a thread has answered maybe send James a PM.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Since nobody who has the power to remove a thread has answered maybe send James a PM.

Thanks I’ll try that.

fishtoeat
    Chippewa Falls, Wi

Just open a mewe account and invite him like facebook, I did this morning and he already accepted. You can also find and follow the IDO page just like on facebook.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

I don’t follow any social medias. but I clicked your link there. I was unfamiliar with WEME, so I clicked it. Sounds like a place that accepts all views. Weird what freedom looks like.

Shall we burn some books too?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

There’s no misinformation. MeWe, much like Parler and Gab, are host to white supremacist, conspiracy theory, anti-vaxx, and other groups like them. If you accept these views, feel free to support MeWe.

Will probably also be hosted on Russian servers soon, like Parler.

Similar to how spacebook is host to commies, marxists,
    Bolsheviks, etc. Too bad both sites cannot let people decide for themselves. Oh, wait, Ill bet one of those sites does.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

There’s no misinformation. MeWe, much like Parler and Gab, are host to white supremacist, conspiracy theory, anti-vaxx, and other groups like them. If you accept these views, feel free to support MeWe.

Will probably also be hosted on Russian servers soon, like Parler.

Safe to say you’ve never spent time there? My experience so far has been very pleasant. I’ve joined a couple fishing groups. Chatted with some good people and answered a few fishing questions from people that needed a point in the right direction. I have yet to see anything that even comes close to anything racist or hateful. Right now MeWe actually feels a lot like Facebook did ten years ago.

I do have an appreciation for their business model. They don’t track people. They don’t sell people’s data. There’s no ads/sponsored posts on MeWe. I choose what I see by subscribing or unsubscribing to people, pages or groups. And there’s actually quite a few people there talking fishing and they seem to be doing a good job of leaving the bickering behind.

I honestly don’t know why people are so terrified by people migrating to alternative social media platforms. I think the proliferation of options is a very good thing and will eventually help to reduce the influence of any one platform which I also think is a very good thing. 99% of the people I’ve ever met, on both sides of the political aisle, are really good people. They definitely won’t tolerate a site that fosters hate speech or racism. So stop with the labels or pulling quotes from Wikipedia. Unless you feel you’re so impressionable that by visiting a different social media platform you’re likely to turn into a racist following a quick lap around a new platform I think the best approach is to educate yourself by…. seeing it for yourself. Then, as a consumer, make the choice that’s right for you.

big_g
    Isle, MN

ah yes wikipedia.. the neutral platform rotflol rotflol rotflol

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

The only reason people are jumping to WeMe right now is because of who they follow politically…Someone said something about one social media site so now they are jumping ship to another…and IMO, both suck!

Glad IDO is staying true to their beliefs and making appropriate changes…just hope the forum stays alive as I won’t be on either platform…but boy I love Instagram (models) LOL

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Everybody should quit everything and just come back here. No fighting, no arguing, no name calling, no thinking anybody is dumb.

Peace & tranquility, right here where we all belong. grin

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Everybody should quit everything and just come back here. No fighting, no arguing, no name calling, no thinking anybody is dumb.

You should see some of the messages I’ve received from members HERE in the last 24 hours. Imagine receiving a vile, hate-filled message from someone decrying my decision to start a MeWe page where I’m told I will be supporting angry and hate-filled people. doah

Angry, hateful people are everywhere. Even here.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Actually people are jumping “off” facebook and onto any other platform where they can be heard. Facebook is openly, heck blatantly censoring and banning conservative views. They are not even hiding it anymore, as there will be no more government interference in their agenda, as they are the majority and on the same team. The only hope is people who see this (Amy Klobuchar said its a problem) on the Liberal side, want to do something about it.

Snake ii’s

It never ceases to amaze me when individuals get offended by opinions/perspectives/facts that differ from their own. If you don’t like it don’t look at it or participate/join.

And yes – your opinion doesn’t matter to me, either.

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

I decided to start with MeWe after seeing that original post that was trashed by James, also his above reply to this thread. I have always enjoyed the show, and this forum. I have been dragging my feet on starting with another social media, but James has convinced me. Seems to me like the people who have issue with parlor or MeWe are quick to point out how they are full of bad guys and white supremacists, while being awfully judgemental and belittling of the person who chooses to check it out. I try not get too political or religious on forums, but seriously, if we all just tried a bit harder to live our lives by the golden rule (which parallels the gospel) we would not have many of the problems we face today in society. Much easier said than done. Also, whatever your opinion is, remember this always… Love the sinner (person), hate the sin (action or belief of the person). Instead of a personal attack or label put on to others, try to explain why you feel the action or view they are holding onto does not line up with your beliefs. You may learn something thru an actual conversation. You may change your beliefs. You may change someone else’s. Just as James has changed mine. I figured, without too much research, the new social medias were just more of the same. Seems maybe they are not. Time will tell. I have decided to find out. It does not make me, or anybody else, a racist. What it does is educates us. If it winds up being a group of racists, I will leave it behind as fast as I found it.

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

You should see some of the messages I’ve received from members HERE in the last 24 hours. Imagine receiving a vile, hate-filled message from someone decrying my decision to start a MeWe page where I’m told I will be supporting angry and hate-filled people. doah

Sounds like it may be best to give them the Twitter treatment and flush ’em. They aren’t true fans anyway.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Sounds like it may be best to give them the Twitter treatment and flush ’em. They aren’t true fans anyway.

Agreed. They’re gonzo. I have better things to do than to argue with a hater.

riverbassman

The Problem with MeWe and Parler is they are like the wild west and any kind of group can post there and congregate there…. similar to how Facebook once was. It is your choice to participate with these groups or not.
    If your neighbor started a hate group would you participate? Probably not….. same rule of thumb with any social media.
    Remember, Facebook and twitter have faced Senate Hearings and other Scrutiny (not to mention lawsuits) and the new up and coming social media platforms have not….. give it time and they too will be sanctioned to congress hearings and like things.
    Personally, I am happy Twitter and Facebook cleaned things up. even though I didn’t participate in the pages, there was/is ALOT of misinformation spewed out there.
    If you haven’t watched the Netflix “Social Dilemma”, you might want to.

CaptainMusky

I joined MeWe a while back when Facebook was censoring many of the groups I was in that I was a member of who were sharing data, not opinion, DATA like actually numbers, statistics, trends, etc of the whole COVID thing. The data came from the CDC not mined from some source with an agenda and all they did was share it and graph it so you could really see what was going on in the US, your state, your county even. They were censured by Facebook because they were “providing false information”. Its ridiculous, it was data that was from our very own CDC.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

Damned if you Damned if you don’t.
    Just keep doing you James it seems to have worked out for you so far in life.

big_g
    Isle, MN

The Problem with MeWe and Parler is they are like the wild west and any kind of group can post there and congregate there…. similar to how Facebook once was. It is your choice to participate with these groups or not.
    If your neighbor started a hate group would you participate? Probably not….. same rule of thumb with any social media.
    Remember, Facebook and twitter have faced Senate Hearings and other Scrutiny (not to mention lawsuits) and the new up and coming social media platforms have not….. give it time and they too will be sanctioned to congress hearings and like things.
    Personally, I am happy Twitter and Facebook cleaned things up. even though I didn’t participate in the pages, there was/is ALOT of misinformation spewed out there.
    If you haven’t watched the Netflix “Social Dilemma”, you might want to.

Facebook and Twitter “denied” that any censoring was going on 3 months ago… before the election… but now magically they are doing it for all to see !!! How can you bring MeWe in front of congress and ask them, why they are not censoring anyone ? I guess with everything backwards today, it is possible. I just cannot believe grown adults cannot see what is happening to their country, right before their eyes. Over 30% of the population, didn’t know about Hunters laptop before the election… how is that even possible in todays media over exposure ? You tell me.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.