Here we go again…

• Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Keep waiting for things to stabilize some. ???

Attachments:
    1. rdwm5_hg.png

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Craziest year I’ve seen and that’s not even including sharing a picnic table with River Rat Randy.

What? We get a couple days of almost normal water levels before it goes back up? In the past hi water years once it dropped it stayed down.
    I think it was 2014 we had a roller coaster up until July 4th, then it settled down…

Now they’re predicting 4 or so inches again tomorrow?

Guess that’s what makes the river the river. Adapt or eat Spam…

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Adapt or eat Spam…

Now that’s dumping salt in the wound.

buschman
    Pool 2

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brian Klawitter wrote:</div>
    Adapt or eat Spam…

Now that’s dumping salt in the wound.

That was a good one. Beach Brain has his game face on today.. The RRR comment made me chuckle a little as well.

Taylor Steffens

Its been frustrating to say the least. I stumbled onto a few things last year around this time on pools 9 and 11 when the water was low. I’ve all but given up on getting in on that bite again this year. One thing I’ve definitely learned in my first 3-4 years of fishing the river… you really need to be focused on the current and future conditions, and use past success only as a starting point if even that. Looks like we may be facing high water conditions down here going through the entire fall. Can’t say that I’m excited about it but you can bet that I’m going to try.

Rob92761
    La Crosse WI

the worst thing about this is they have predict to go up and we have not had one drop of rain yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Looks good to me – River going up = fish shallower and shallower seams. Water goes down = fish disperse amongst a larger area.

Mike Martine
    Inactive
    la crosse wis

Looks good to me – River going up = fish shallower and shallower seams. Water goes down = fish disperse amongst a larger area.

i would say water going up to the levels they’re predicting = fish disperse amongst a larger area. Endless flooded timber , grass , shorelines , etc. Harder to find , but if you find them they should be stacked.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Yep, throw out the usual spots and shift over hunt for them use different tactics, may wanna think like a bass fisherman if ya know what I mean

milemark_714

That works,if you can keep the crap off your baits.Lots of weeds now,wait until it goes above action stage flame

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

the worst thing about this is they have predict to go up and we have not had one drop of rain yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supposed to get a large amount of rain starting tonight lasting through the weekend.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Im with you Randy. Last time we had a good flood in the fall the bite was fantastic. Those fish dont get washed away in the high water. They dont stop eating. About all they do is moving to a different location and wait for fishermen to find them. When they are found many times its a pile of them in the same location.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Speaking with other fisherman over the years from shore, typically when they see high water in the fall there is a larger migration of eyes up river. Would any of you concur with this observation?

buschman
    Pool 2

I was out on P2 last night and there was a crazy amount of grass in the water.. Enough to where I could not troll in the areas I wanted.. The water was not high either so not sure where it was all coming from.

I love high water but not when it is rising… If it is holding steady or dropping slow my confidence is pretty high that you can find fish grouped back up. I have always struggled to find good #’s when the water is coming up.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.