Hennessy Hammock Expedition Asym – Took a flier!

• Doug Larsen
    Minnesohtah

Hey guys I will report back post trip, but I’m pretty excited to try out the Hennessy. As I rapidly approach age 42 my back isn’t what it used to be so I’ll give the hammock route a try. I have a friend with an Amok rig, and another with an Asym and they love it so it will be interesting to see how I sleep in it. I’ll bring my little Nemo 2 Man in case me or my buddy hate the layout.

Doug Larsen
    Minnesohtah

We’re heading to Southern Ontario. The middle of nowhere aka my fortress of @$#king solitude

bigpike

Sounds great, I am sure you will enjoy your hammock!

Kyhl
    Savage

Let us know how it goes. Having a bad back myself, 20 years since a spinal fusion, you never know until you try it.
    When my back is bothering me I am looking for a flat surface to lay on to straighten things out, floor.

404 ERROR
    MN

I had a friend buy one this spring and he just got back from a week in the BWCAW with it. He had nothing but good things to say and said he will never go back to a traditional tent. If I was a back sleeper, I would own one. Unfortunately, I am not…Hope you love it!

walleyevision

Do you have an underquilt? You need an underquilt. If night time temps get below 60-65, you’ll freeze without one.

jwellsy

Would an underquilt also block mosquito attacks from the sides and below?

jwellsy

I see these Eno hammocks advertised all over the place. How do the different brands compare quality wise?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.