Help with what Knipex to buy

• tswoboda

Just so we are clear, Its not like every day someone gets a hook in a hand or other body part.

Like I said my original post was mostly a joke since I have this irrational picture in my head of you guys getting hooks in hands like 3x a day jester I can 100% understand why you don’t want to net all those pike, I think I just have an irrational fear of getting hooked to a bait that’s still in a fish – seems like you guys have accepted it’s part of catching a lot of big fish (1st world problems again) and deal with it. I always read your trip reports and the pike fishing looks incredible, thanks for sharing them!

The muskies don’t roll because I watched a video comment just annoyed me, sorry.

CaptainMusky

I think I just have an irrational fear of getting hooked to a bait that’s still in a fish

Happened to me with a musky and I brought a guy who had never even seen a musky before. I didnt have my knipex on me to cut the hook so had to improvise with a fillet knife.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

I bought an 8″ knipex last year to have in my boat. Year before last I had the dreaded situation where one treble hook was in my hand and one still in the smallmouth. Let me tell you, that’s less than fun. I was able to get the fish unhooked and the hook out of my hand without a cutters but I’m better prepared now for next time.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I didnt have my knipex on me to cut the hook so had to improvise with a fillet knife.

Thanks for that visual. shock

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.