HELP!!! Reading Navonics For Ice Fishing…Structure

• jeff henry

Hey guys I am looking for some insight on what to look for on Navinconics when choose places to set up on fish.
    Such as how to identify spots on the maps / structure that you would want to focus on.
    I have attached some pics of a lake for an example. The lake mainly holds walley/perch and some pike.

Attachments:
    1. LAKE2.jpg

2. LAKE1.jpg

3. LAKE.jpg

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Check out some of Holst’s early ice video’s for the spot on the spot segments. That has good info.

This lake has alot of structure and depth changes. I usually start with shallow flats or points near deeper water. If they have weeds then even better. Shallow during low light, deeper during the day. Pike will likely stay on weedy flats all day. Also look for saddles….deeper water cuts with shallow on either side. That’s a natural travel route for fish.

If I was fishing this lake for the first time and I’d look for the community holes. See what is unique about that structure and check the maps for other similar areas. I’d also go chat with some folks on the ice.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

My Navionics has been so far off this year I can’t believe it. No idea why either, it’s always been good in the past.

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

Welcome to river fishing haha

Troy Hoernemann
    Nevis mn

Check out some of Holst’s early ice video’s for the spot on the spot segments. That has good info.

This lake has alot of structure and depth changes. I usually start with shallow flats or points near deeper water. If they have weeds then even better. Shallow during low light, deeper during the day. Pike will likely stay on weedy flats all day. Also look for saddles….deeper water cuts with shallow on either side. That’s a natural travel route for fish.

If I was fishing this lake for the first time and I’d look for the community holes. See what is unique about that structure and check the maps for other similar areas. I’d also go chat with some folks on the ice.

×2 good info

MNdrifter

Couple spots that jump out at me…. I try and find runways to feeding flats that are roughly 15-20 feet. Set up where the sharp break comes to the flat and fans out. Walleyes travel up/down the break on their way to the flat. That’s my favorite spots. I did do well last Sunday on a saddle also.

Attachments:
    1. FE84DC13-AE62-4CF4-94E9-76478AE4933D.jpeg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.