Help needed

• maddogg

I need a new float cork for my 6 gal.Evenrude gas tank.
    Anyone know where I can find one?

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

It’s a 6 gallon tank. Just give it a shake. I was going to say to try Iboat but it looks like they don’t have them anymore.

Iowaboy1

Years ago I used to make my own cork floats for tanks and once in a while for a carburetor or two.
    Go to the hardware store and somewhere in amongst all of the specialty screws, bolts, nuts and stuff you should be able to find an assortment of corks of all sizes.
    Grab one that is bigger than your tank float, sand it to shape and size.
    Then you will need a Dow Corning product called Deracane 411-350, should still be able to buy it from any aircraft parts supplier like Wag-Aero, Aircraft spruce, etc.

Give the float a couple of coats and you should be able to use it once it has set up good for a day or two.

R Petersen

10 % Ethanol can soften some stuff Check before buying.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

You can buy ready to use cork floats for outboard tanks on ebay.

Link.

The price is kind of silly but it saves a lot of time and fooling around. I have replaced some in boats that have a gas tank compartment where it’s difficult to get the tank out to feel how much is left by weight.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Follow Rodworks advice or take the cap off and look inside to check level. Could always buy another tank.

maddogg

Follow Rodworks advice or take the cap off and look inside to check level. Could always buy another tank.

Buy another tank because of a gas logged cork?
    I found a cork at Ace hardware.
    Thanks for your help.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Just thought if you need a working gauge-new tank.I would’nt need the new cork.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.