Help fixing an old dryer

• zooks

Wondering if anyone could chime in, I’m a bit stumped with an old electric pre-Kenmore Sears model…

We were doing laundry late last week and went to change loads in the dryer when it wouldn’t start back up. Dryer door was opened in the middle of the cycle and after loads were changed, door was closed but nothing happens when we hit the start button.

I’ve replaced one thermal fuse that was bad, assuming that was the culprit but it hasn’t resolved the issue. All other fuses and components accessed through the back panel have been confirmed good with a meter check, same for the start button and the timer at the top of the unit.

I only know enough to be dangerous with this kind of work and have run out of ideas, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Zach

munchy
    NULL

Have you checked the door closed switch works?

zooks

Have you checked the door closed switch works?

Have not checked the door switch but it still has a audible click which typically indicates it’s functional. I will be checking that tonight, though.

MNdrifter

I got a 9 y.o. Dryer I’m giving away in the classifieds. Good dryer, washer went out, Bought a new set. If you don’t get yours running it’s yours if you come get it. We are leaving Friday night for camping so it’d have to be soon or next week.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

I had something like that happen to my old dryer. The plastic door switch was just warn down enough that it wouldn’t engage all the way. I add a couple of layers of tape to the back of the switch and it worked.

zooks

I got a 9 y.o. Dryer I’m giving away in the classifieds. Good dryer, washer went out, Bought a new set. If you don’t get yours running it’s yours if you come get it. We are leaving Friday night for camping so it’d have to be soon or next week.

PM sent, thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.