HELP (Beanie's landing new area) would love help

• jeremy

So anyway i am going fishing with a friend tomorrow morning and i have never fished this stretch of river (launching at beanie’s) and he has always struck out and i would love to change that for him he loves to catch eyes but really loves to catch fish as we all do. So if anyone can tip me in on some wing damns or other structure in that area i would love it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Boy, short notice.

Canary Point (the point just down stream of Beanies) is always a good stop.

Directly across from Beanies is a channel ledge. There’s normally some fish along that.

The rocks across from Beanies holds fish.

Now I’m assuming you’re looking for walleyes. The guys in the St Croix forum have a much better finger on the bite then I, but that should be a start.

jeremy

thank you so much BK. I will be booking a trip with you my girlfriend does not care to fish but she really wants to “catch a big kitty” she says thats the only way she will go fishing with me lol

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

she says thats the only way she will go fishing with me

That’s the way it always starts. )

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I’d avoid the fee and launch at boomsite, head north and fish that stretch if looking for kitties…OR, head south from boomsite towards the bridge construction. That stretch that is presently ‘no wake’ due to construction is LOADED up with fish. Drift or anchor for kitties.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

There is also a St Croix forum where this request would go a lot farther I think. We need activity over there!

jeremy

I Looked for the st croix forum and I cant find it is it hidden somewhere? Lol

jeremy

Only problem with that is I dont have a boat or any kitty gear just the gear alone would put me right around the fee for a trip. Lol

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I Looked for the st croix forum and I cant find it is it hidden somewhere? Lol

Way down on the forum list under Wisconsin Lakes & Rivers. Come on over. It’s a BK free zone.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Don’t be afraid to try out in front of the Y-Camp (sunken islands). The Y-Camp is on the WI side half way between the 94 bridge and Afton. Just watch out for the sail boats. Also give catfish point (main point across from Afton) a try. This time of year you would probably do better trolling with lead for covering more water.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

There goes those secret spots! )

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

If I don’t remember it, it didn’t happen.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.