Helix update

• Gino
    Grand rapids mn

If i download an update onto a sd card can i use the card to update more than one unit ,or do you need to download another update for the next machine. Identical machines. Thanks

Carl

I believe you have to repeat .

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Thanks. I wondered about that

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I could be wrong but I don’t see why you’d have to redownload it. It’s already saved onto your card and updating the unit doesn’t remove the software from your sd card. You’d just be downloading the EXACT same software that you already have on the card.

Unless HB has put something in place to make it a one off as long as it’s the same type of unit I would think it should work.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

I could be wrong but I don’t see why you’d have to redownload it. It’s already saved onto your card and updating the unit doesn’t remove the software from your sd card. You’d just be downloading the EXACT same software that you already have on the card.

Unless HB has put something in place to make it a one off as long as it’s the same type of unit I would think it should work.

I didn’t know if it would remove it from the card to the first machine. I’m not to computer inclined. I don’t even how I’m writing this. jester

Denny O
    Central IOWA

One card will update multiple identical machines.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

It should still be on the card. When I updated mine, I popped it back into to my pc to erase and it was still on there. Your Helix just copies the file it reads.

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

Pretty sure you can do it with your phone through the FishSmart App via bluetooth as well.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

It worked, downloaded the update to the card and updated both helix 5 chirp gen two gps. I was a little hesitant about sticking that card in because of what I heard if it goes wrong but success. Now to do the mega 9 si.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.