Helix problems using multiple lake chips

• Smellson

Anybody else have issues having two separate lake chips installed in a helix unit? Ive got a helix 12 that acts up everytime I am trying to use multiple cards. Ive got a minnesota lakemaster and a zero lines card that I like to use together but they never seem to play nice. If I unplug….reset….unplug….reset it will often times start to work correctly but it is frustrating. Planning on sending the unit in to humminbird after the season but wanted to see if this is a common problem with the helix units.

Smellson

Yep current updates on the helix. Everything works perfect when I only have one chip inserted. The wierd thing is that it’s almost always different issues. Ive had my screen colors change completely…neither chart will load…I can’t get any “map” pages to display…unit won’t power off…unit won’t even read a card in the right card holder…blurred depth lines when it does read one of the cards….its like the unit just goes crazy

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

is the ZeroLines card in the left-hand slot and Lakemaster in the right-hand slot?

if i remember correctly, the ZLC has be installed first for things to save/load properly. ie., power Humminbird on fully. insert ZLC and let the unit read it. then insert the Lakemaster.

or if you’re leaving both cards inserted when it’s turned off, i think the Humminbird reads the left-hand slot first when powering back up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.