Helix Ice (Problem)?

• Matthew Sandys

I got a new Helix G4N DI CHO for Christmas and put it on a Marcum lithium shuttle. When I do the split screen showing the history when ice fishing it will lock or freeze up on me. Have to power it down and restart it. I run it on ultra for the history speed. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or has a solution? Seams to only do it on split screen so far.

Humminbird told me to try a different batter and to slow the speed down on the history. You would hope the speed of history would not lock it up on a new unit.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments:
    1. Helix-split-screen.png

Karry Kyllo

One thing to try may be to reload the software. If that doesn’t work take it back to the dealer if possible. If you can warranty it through your dealer or if you have to send it to Humminbird, I’m not sure, but it should be under warranty.

Matthew Sandys

I will try to reload the software. I did not know if it would take it or not since it is the most current version that it came with.

Wardcst

I had the same issue with mine.
    I fought it for two years!
    Was talking to a CS rep at humminbird and he told me ground was problem.
    I checked my ground and it seemed tight.
    Took a pliers and tightened the connection and guess what it has not done it 1 time this year.
    It is hard to pull ground off battery now.

Matthew Sandys

I had the same issue with mine.
    I fought it for two years!
    Was talking to a CS rep at humminbird and he told me ground was problem.
    I checked my ground and it seemed tight.
    Took a pliers and tightened the connection and guess what it has not done it 1 time this year.
    It is hard to pull ground off battery now.

Thank you thank you for this information. It helps out a ton! I figured I was not the only one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.