Helix Ice 7

• Matthew Sandys

I’m looking to get a helix 7 ice for ice fishing, having the mapping in one unit would be nice. My question is it capable of getting down 200 feet for lakers in the winter or does it not have the capacity for that? I figured there are some guys here that have tried it and know a lot more them me.

Thanks

Ice Cap

Well I just purchased the Helix Ice 7 G3 all season. The manual that came with it didn’t address the depth capability just how to go from auto to manual. So I fired it up and went into the menu “Lower Range” and when you switch to manual it will allow you to adjust it down to 400 feet. This is with the ice transducer hooked up. So I would think you are good to go.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Well I just purchased the Helix Ice 7 G3 all season. The manual that came with it didn’t address the depth capability just how to go from auto to manual. So I fired it up and went into the menu “Lower Range” and when you switch to manual it will allow you to adjust it down to 400 feet. This is with the ice transducer hooked up. So I would think you are good to go.

I don’t remember what it goes down to but I also keep mine on manual and just adjust it to the depth I’m currently fishing. Seems to make the unit run a little better also.

Ice Cap

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Keith wrote:</div>

I don’t remember what it goes down to but I also keep mine on manual and just adjust it to the depth I’m currently fishing. Seems to make the unit run a little better also.

Yes the unit does perform better on manual setting. I set it 2 to 5 feet below the actual depth and it seems to declutter things better. I think a Humminbird rep told me that at the St. Paul ice show a few years back. I’m anxious to see how the new G3 performs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.