Helix 7 stuck on “shutting down” screen

• Michael Malone

Hello!
    Hoping to see if anyone else has had this issue. I just bought a brand new Mega SI G3N and fresh out of the box the unit won’t power off. It will count down and then change to shutting down screen, but then stays stuck on that screen. I unplugged the power and turned it back on, checked the software installed and it’s the 2.44 so it does seem to be missing the most recent update. However before I go through that I’m wondering if I should just return the unit? I’m going to contact Humminbird in the morning as well.

Thanks in advance!!

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

If you do not keep the off button down while it is shutting down it will come back on, hold until it shuts down.

Michael Malone

So I do that and it goes into the screen that’s says shutting down. Then it just sits in the shutting down screen endlessly. The screen doesn’t go back to back menu or on screen. It’s stays on “shutting down” screen.

I would download the most recent software first, that’ll be what Hbird will tell you. If that doesnt do it, return it and get a garmin

robby
    Quad Cities

Following. Maybe unplug the power cable and it will shut down, might take a bit. Hopefully will start up and work fine after that. This is purely a shot from the hip. No real experience with this.

Michael Malone

Did the most recent update, still same issue. Called humminbird and they said I need to send it in for repairs. Returned to Cabelas and came home with the Garmin 73SV!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.