helix 7 si gen 2 question

• chris
    northern Illinois

I am going to be purchasing a 7 inch screen, side image depth finder soon and have it down to the helix 7 g2 and the lowrance elite 7-ti. From what I have read the auto chart live comes on the helix 7 gen 2 and was wondering if it is ready to start mapping how it is or will I have to buy a special card also would I have access to put the map on a computer and make a bottom hardness map? What kind of transducer does the helix 7 si gen 2 come with and how durable is it as I duck hunt and trap out of my boat in the fall and have a tendency to run into quite a bit of stuff when I am doing this, I have never broke off my current transducer which is a lowrance x135, the giant one that comes with the lowance 7-ti scares me. I kind of have a idea of what the chirp is from reading stuff and videos but how would this help the si part of the finder, does it make it clearer or just make fish stand out more? Thanks for all help you can give me if you cant tell I am new to this advanced fish finder thing.

catnip
    south metro

Today bass pro has the garmin echomap 73sv for $499 I have one and love it way more than the helix . Check it out

patk
    Nisswa, MN

From what I have read the auto chart live comes on the helix 7 gen 2 and was wondering if it is ready to start mapping how it is or will I have to buy a special card also would I have access to put the map on a computer and make a bottom hardness map?

Haven’t looked at Gen 2s but this should be the same as other units. Yes, it will be ready to map right out of the box but there is a catch.

It stores the data onboard the unit and there is a limit. Something like 24 hours worth. If you want more storage and to make it removable, you’ll need the zero line card($99). Not 100% sure but if you want to work on maps on your pc then you might also need the Autochart software. Don’t know about hardness maps using hbird software.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.