Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2 problems with Navionics Hotmaps Platinum +

• KPE
    River Falls, WI

Hi everyone,

I am running a Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2 with software version 2.00 (most recent as of today). Navionics Hot Maps platinum + card goes into the unit and does not load. Stuck at the “loading charts” status, although not stuck as in frozen, everything else works and GPS picks up but the background is black instead of maps and up in the top right it says “loading charts”.

I have worked with Hbird on the phone, worked with Navionics on the phone, so far the only solution presented is Navionics getting me an RMA and I shipped the card back to them.

Wondering if anyone else here has or had the same issues and if they found some magic solution? As I said, all settings are correct per both Humminbird and Navionics. This is not user error on my part with the Unit per both of their CS teams. Still waiting to hear back on my RMA, I’ll probably call later on.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

To add on to this: I am fully aware that the “+” features will not work on my helix unit. However the maps and sonarcharts maps should work fine according to everyone at both companies as well as their published literature.

Also in the Navionics “troubleshooting for Humminbord” documents, some of the settings they ask you to change are not even in the Helix menus. Clearly this troubleshooting doc is meant for the 989, 1150, etc units and not the Helix series.

I will update this post with the actual resolution once we have one.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

UPDATE:

Navionics shipped me a brand new platinum + north region hotmaps card and it arrived yesterday. I removed it from the package, inserted into my Helix 7, entered simulation mode (since I wasn’t on the water) and the card works perfectly, exactly as it should.

There are a few variables to consider here-
    1) the card itself could have been corrupted somehow. It wasn’t physically damaged, as Navionics assured me if damage was present I would not receive a new one.
    2) I updated the original card using the map software that Navioncs provides prior to installation. This time I did not. So perhaps the update process somehow corrupted the data or the map data update did not execute properly (it said it did).

At any rate, it all works now and I’m definitely satisfied with Navionics customer service.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.