Helix 7 case

• bee
    Maine

For folks with a Helix 7 here is a sample of what can be done for a case. Kitty litter container made over to hold the Helix.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Nice work!

Thanks for posting.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Nice modification.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

That is great. Can I use my Helix 7 that I have on my boat? I assume I need a new transducer for ice, and is there a kit for connection to the portable battery?

Eric

bee
    Maine

That is great. Can I use my Helix 7 that I have on my boat? I assume I need a new transducer for ice, and is there a kit for connection to the portable battery?

Eric

Same unit. Same power cord. Just attach some spade connectors

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Can I ask how you’ve got that mounted in the kitty litter case.? I don’t see anything screwed into the side?

Thanks,

ET

Bill Boyd
    Warroad, MN

Thanks for posting.
    Bought a 7 this summer and looking into setting it up to ice fish with.

bee
    Maine

Can I ask how you’ve got that mounted in the kitty litter case.? I don’t see anything screwed into the side?

Thanks,

ET

I have a couple 3/4 pieces of ply under it. Gives it a good height and clearance that works for me. With the smaller battery you have room for the xducer stowage. Battery is held in place with Velcro. Handle was resized to fit and held with rivets. Used it all last winter with no issues. I have a nut welded to piece of tin riveted on the inside and the xducer holder just threads in and suppors the xducer. Vex xducer cord stops work good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.