Heater Problems

• gonzo50613
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I am currently running a distribution tree off of a 20lb propane tank to run a Coleman Northstar Lantern and 12′ hoses to a Portable Buddy Heater (with new filter) and a Dyna Glo Heater (similar to the Portable Buddy). When everything is working this keeps my Clam XL6000TC toasty warm. Them problem is that for some reason, it doesn’t always work.

I am looking for help in figuring out why the heaters will shut down and be difficult to re-ignite. The first time the heaters went out within a minute of each other and I figured it was the safety shut-off. But later it happened again with what I would guess was plenty of ventilation. The lantern which runs off the top of the tree will continue to run unaffected.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

I think it is the safety. CO2 collects at the bottom first, try raising one of the heaters up off the floor and see if it stays lit.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Your tank size may be limiting the pressure needed to keep the heaters going. Think like very low propane level even on a full tank. Bumping up to a 30 pounder may solve the problem.

-J.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I think Jon hit it on the head, low gas pressure.

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

Could it also be a pressure issue with the filter? I’m running a Big Buddy off of 20lb’ers and just installed a new filter on the heater. I absolutely cannot get it to ignite, but once I take the filter off, it fires right up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.