Heading for lake Erie

• wallster
    Austin, MN

Me and a group of guys are heading for lake Erie on Friday after work. After watching youtube videos last winter of the walleyes out there and Ido crews last show, I said I gota go out there. Looking to top the PB of 31″. Anyone else going out or been out there this week? Anyone been there befor, what should we take with us? look for??
    Wallster ><((((>

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I’d bring lots of propane and jigging raps. #5 and #7.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

When you return, please share what you can (areas, travel, experience and all)… I’m considering a solo shot out there in early March if I can get away, and it would really be interesting seeing what you learn.

Good luck!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I haven’t been out there this year (hard water), but have friends that live on there that I fish with.
    IF your looking for an excuse to buy more tackle, I would buy two things. 1. Kastmaster spoons in Silver/Blue & Silver/Green 2. Feathered Gamakatsu trebs for them. My experiences have been very good with the spoons and W7’s

wallster
    Austin, MN

What do they use for dead sticks? IDO crew anything you would have done differently or liked to have tried?
    Wallster ><((((>

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

We didn’t experiment with deadsticks at all. We stayed aggressive, with jigging raps or rippin raps to try and call the fish into our area. We discussed tipups momentarily, but that faded quickly also. The fish were just not really moving for us when filming.
    Talking to others as we arrived to the hotel they reported fish moving into the area every 15 min or so. Schools of walleyes simply roaming looking for a quick meal. I am sure a 1-2 punch of a rattle bait followed with some sort of deadstick would work if they don’t hit the rattle bait. I guess bring some extra sticks along just incase, but fishing 2 lines close together, inside a shack, along with the size of these fish is only looking for a disaster and a tangled mess, in my opinion. You will know in the first few hours how the fish are reacting to jigging raps and you can adjust accordingly!

Good Luck have fun and take pics!

wallster
    Austin, MN

Thanks Cal
    Wallster ><((((>

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.