HDS 7

• super_do
    St Michael, MN

I was out the other day and while fishing, the chart (map) just disappeared. I have the Navionics chip in it. I took the chip out and put it back in and shut the power off and restarted it a couple times. Still no map……Any ideas on what to try?

Thanks

CaptainMusky

Did you check to see what the source is for the chip? In the chart menu you should see something that would allow you to select “Lowrance” or “Navionics”. Make sure that is set correctly.
    Not sure why that would randomly change like that, but if you have fat fingers like mine, nothing surprises me.
    I would suggest trying the chip in another unit to make sure it didn’t become corrupt for some reason.

matt

Have a 522 that got water inside and must have fried whatever it is that reads the card.I took it apart and dried it out and it still wont read the chip,the sonar works fine still.I have had it apart 3-4 times over the years to dry out.I think its sealed well but it will act up now and then after fishing in a downpour.Last time-screen wouldnt dim,sonar zoomed in and out on its own,and it wouldnt power off dried it out and works fine minus the card reader.You could try to dry it out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.