858c just arrived

• jhalfen

The FedEx truck dropped off my new 858c yesterday.

While the unit is destined for the bow of my boat, it unfortunately arrived too late to rig for this afternoon’s trip.

In the days ahead, I’ll give you guys a peek at some of the new-for-2010 features packed into the 858, including the built-in Contour XD mapping package. Contour XD, to my surprise, includes some prominent inland waters (like Mille Lacs, in our area) as well as some Great Lakes coverage. To my surprise, I found several Great Lakes areas that featured 1 foot contours. For anglers who spend most or all of their time in a small geographic area, map chips like the Lakemaster for Humminbird chip are going to win out. However, for the angler “on the go” who fishes all over the place, Contour XD offers a nice alternative for mapping info.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Congrats, Jason!

I agree with you on the preloaded maps. They are a nice bonus, especially for those who travel to various regions, but most anglers will continue to want the Lakemaster or Navionics maps for the best detail and coverage.

Let us know how the new Humminbird treats ya.

drifter295
    Hastings MN

Jason, congrats on your new HB, sorry I missed you last weekend at Owatonna, I was looking forward to meeting you and listening to your seminar. I was able to sang their last 998 while I was there on Sun. and it’s being installed on my boat this week. I’m looking forward to re-learning things I’ve never known, well as much as my simple brain can handle anyway. It’s going to be a loooong 2 weeks til i get the boat, good luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.