Portable Humminbird Question

• youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

I have a 385ci portable Humminbird. My wife got it for me from Fleet Farm and it came complete with soft carrying case and a suction cup for the transducer. Well we got my dad the same unit this year for his birthday but we had to order the unit by itself. I found the soft carrying case on Cabelas so I ordered it for him. The problem is that there is nothing with the case to mount the unit to. Mine has a platic circular base with a handle that goes up over the unit for carrying. I’ve looked everywhere online and can’t fine that plastic base to mount the unit to and put it inside the soft case. Any ideas? I called Humminbird and explained it to them but they didn’t know what I was talking about because I don’t even know what the plastic base is called. Thanks for any replies

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

humminbird has 2 soft cases. one for the ice units (35,45,and 55) and one for the 3xx units. did you get the right one?

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Its called a shuttle, and if you buy the one for the ice units (cc ice) it doesn’t come with it. You need the ptc u or ptc u nb. The nb is for no battery. I bought the ptc u for my 788 on ebay for $100 free shipping.

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

Quote:

Its called a shuttle, and if you buy the one for the ice units (cc ice) it doesn’t come with it. You need the ptc u or ptc u nb. The nb is for no battery. I bought the ptc u for my 788 on ebay for $100 free shipping.

So the ptc u nb is $110?!?! I got the exact same soft case with no battery or charger for $40… But it didn’t include the shuttle. where cani find the shuttle alone? Or just the soft case and shuttle for less than $100? How is the case almost half the cost of the actual unit?

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

call humminbird customer service. if you purchased the ptc the mounting kit should be in there. or return it to Cabelas.

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

Thanks… Thats what I thought too but it wasn’t there

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Just trying to help you out because i just researched all of this for myself a month ago and in my opinion you should take it up with cabelas for misrepresentation. If you go to humminbird website they will tell you that the $50 case cabelas sells comes with no shuttle battery or charger. the one for $120 comes with the case and the shuttle and the one for $150 comes with the case shuttle battery and charger.

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

So the soft case alone is $50
    the soft case with shuttle is $120
    and the soft case, shuttle, battery, and charger is $150

How is a crappy plastic shuttle the most expensive piece in this package? The electronic sonar/gps unit was $300… How can the case be that much I don’t understand. Thank you for the replies… at this point I am more venting because that is pure hogwash.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.