IPilot Link and spot lock locations

• micah-witham
    Richfield

Wanting to save my spot locations for fishing the river at night as well as the “follow the depth contour” feature.
    Out of the box, do I have what I need for the 898 to be linked to my Terrova or is there an adapter that I need?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I believe there is a cord you need. Needed one to hook up by depth finder to the terrova. Think it was about $30. Transducer on the terrova did not work very well so just hooked mine back up to the rear transducer.

micah-witham
    Richfield

yea Mike I wasn’t planning to hook up the bird to the transducer as I have the DI/SI ducer in the back of the boat but I did want them to talk to each other and be able to save those spot lock locations for some of those spot on spot wingdams in the fall. That way I can just motor up, put it down, hit go to spot lock, get my rod out or whatever and know that the motor is taking me right to where I need to be for casting.

monticatgeek
    Monticello, MN

Quote:

yea Mike I wasn’t planning to hook up the bird to the transducer as I have the DI/SI ducer in the back of the boat but I did want them to talk to each other and be able to save those spot lock locations for some of those spot on spot wingdams in the fall. That way I can just motor up, put it down, hit go to spot lock, get my rod out or whatever and know that the motor is taking me right to where I need to be for casting.

if I follow what you are saying your question is what do you need to hook the I Pilot Link up to your 898 but still be able to talk to your other humminbird finder(it would need to be a ethernet capable unit too). to hook Link up so that it would work on both units you would need the 5 port ethernet switch and the proper length ethernet cables to reach the finders where ever you have them mounted. now if you only plan to hook the Link to the 898 only then all you would need is the correct length ethernet cable to reach your 898 from the terrova. you will also need to check the version of the software your 898 is running, for Link to work the software has to be above a certain version. you can find this info on the humminbird website.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.