Humminbird version 6.640 update

• brucea
    Maplewood,MN

I have a 788ci HD. I see there is a new update (version 6.640). Has anyone updated a 788ci HD to this version?
    I have a problem with the unit not reading water depth properly below ten feet. Does anyone have a fix for this?

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

I do not have the HD version but have updated, not much different for what I use, no negative effects.

When I have issues with the unit locking on I change the lower depth setting from auto to 10 or 15 ft. If you have sonar only screen on hit menu once and it should show up. Cursor over to adjust depth setting. I also like this as it keeps from changing the scaling automatically and I know how deep it is with a glance vs reading numbers.

kroger3
    blaine mn

I have a 1198C SI and a 958C and just updated them to software version 6.640

I pilot link controller updated to 1.150

I pilot remote updated to 1.160

Just did all these updates last week and I lost function of my Auto Pilot on the Terrova. I can turn it on with the remote or foot pedal and when I hit a button on the remote or foot pedal like turning a direction my auto pilot stops working but remote and foot pedal still show its on.

But as far as the 1198 and 958 units them self I have not noticed any glitches.

Currently working with customer service to see if its a software glitch or concidently my auto pilot went out.

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

Are you working with Humminbird or Minnkota. I had a similar issue with my terrova autopilot yesterday.I contacted Minn Kota they think its a voltage issue, I do Not. Wont know till next time im on the water. Keep us posted

kroger3
    blaine mn

Quote:

Are you working with Humminbird or Minnkota. I had a similar issue with my terrova autopilot yesterday.I contacted Minn Kota they think its a voltage issue, I do Not. Wont know till next time im on the water. Keep us posted

Minnkota and they are trying to tell me its a voltage issue. I went through everything last night and I have all the proper voltages. Stoped into Actions in Anoka yesterday and talked with Jack and he said its either a voltage problem or the “head” is going bad. He said all the functions are with in the head and nothing you can really do other then replace it. Im heading to Winni in a few hours so will have to follow up with him when I get back next week about getting a new head under warranty. No autopilot is getting to be a real pain!

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

New update

i-Pilot Link Controller Update (Version 1.160)
    Release Date: 06/12/2013

Description:
    Version 1.160 IMPORTANT NOTE: This software update must be performed with the lastest Humminbird software updates of 6.640 or 6.680 (model dependent). This update includes the following: Enhancements to advanced autopilot for better tracking, Changes to cruise control to aid when sharp turns are encountered, Bug fixes for Spot-Lock to resolve an issue where the prop speed was ramping too aggressively, Fixed a bug that was causing some icons on the fishfinder to change to the wrong icon. Fixes an issue where if the footpedal is used for steering while in autopilot, i-Pilot may stop making automatic steering corrections

Prerequisite:

Prepare the Equipment
    Turn on the main power source.
    Power on the trolling motor. If you have a Terrova or Riptide ST trolling motor, deploy it into the water.
    Turn on the remote by pressing the OK key. Ensure the battery is well charged. If the battery charge is not sufficient, you will be prompted during the process to plug in the charger.
    Turn on the Fishfinder by pressing the POWER/LIGHT key, and follow the on-screen prompts to start Normal mode.
    Press and hold the Fishfinder VIEW key. Select System > Accessory Test.
    Confirm that i-Pilot Link is listed as connected. It may take a minute for the equipment to be detected. You will refer to this view throughout the update. Note the current software version number shown next to i-Pilot Link.

NOTE: If the Accessory Test View is not shown in the submenu, select the Main Menu > Views tab > Accessory Test > Visible.

Instructions:
    After updating the software in your Hummionbird unit to version 6.610 or higher, save this Controller software to an SD card and install the SD card with the updated software files into the Fishfinder card slot.
    Fishfinder Update: The Fishfinder will recognize the new software. Follow the dialog box instructions to confirm software installation. i-Pilot Link Update: The software will be updated automatically. It may take up to two minutes for the software to be detected on the network, and the Fishfinder will display on-screen dialog boxes to indicate that the update is in progress. NOTE: You may notice that the i-Pilot Link will disconnect and then reconnect during the software update. This is part of the update process.
    When the i-Pilot Link software has been updated, the new software version number will be displayed on the Fishfinder Accessory Test View.
    To finish updating the remote and controller, proceed to the software update information for the i-Pilot Link Remote.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.