Anyone reading Yam motor function from H-bird?

• hope4fish

I for the life of me can’t seem to figure out how to utilize the engine function page on my 1198 by connecting to the motor. I do realize there is a NMEA2000 dealy bopper that connects the H-bird to an existing NMEA powered network. What I can’t seem to figure out is where to get this NMEA powered network. All searches I’ve tried only come up with Yamaha to Lowrance data cable’s. Nothing about H-Bird at all. So…..is there anyone out there that’s done this that can help me understand what I need?

Thanks!

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Maybe try over at Walleye Central.

I’d be interested in that also.

al

hope4fish

I did try that. Halfen responded that I jsut needed to connect the Humminbird NMEA2000 bridge to an existing NMEA powered network. What I came back and asked where to get an NMEA powered network, I got no response and the thread died an untimely death.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

I did try that. Halfen responded that I jsut needed to connect the Humminbird NMEA2000 bridge to an existing NMEA powered network. What I came back and asked where to get an NMEA powered network, I got no response and the thread died an untimely death.

Pretty new stuff here probably not many know how to or what’s needed.
    Maybe send Jason a PM?

al

hope4fish

Holy smokes Rod, how in the world are you going to figure out what exactly you need from that long list? I believe the boats we have on order are twins, so I think I’ll let you be the guinea pig and figure out what’s needed to work, then you can come back on here and tell me what to buy . Do we have a deal?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.